Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement in optimizer

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on SCM7

I am trying to use quota arrangement in SNP optimizer run. I have maintained the required quota arrangement as well as the penalties for violating quota arrangement. I have activated "consider quota arrangement" indicator in optimizer profile.

The optimizer is ignoring quota arrangement and planning on optiimum costs.

Any more settings required?

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

in APO SNP optimizer, incoming quota arrangement values are soft constraints which the system can violate in return for incurring penalty costs.

Therefore, I think , If you set the penalty costs related to these violations of quota, suitably high, the system will try to adhere to the quota arrangements (since the optimizer always tries to find the solution with the lowest costs).

You may also please have a relook at the OSS note 1127559 ( Composite note: Restrictions of the SNP Optimizer).

I hope this will help.

Pleasse confirm.

Regards

Datta

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though, I have maintained 99,999,999 as penalty costs for quota violation, optimizer is violating it. In logs, I do not see any costs incurred due to violation of quota.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Since there are no further OSS notes released , the documented behavior for the incoming quota in SNP optimzer is expected.

Therefore, if the setttings and data set up is correct, it may be nice to raise a new OSS message with this behaviour.

SAP may then suggest some solution taking into consideration the detailed environment present.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Dont go for OSS, we faced this issue very recently, and were about to raise an OSS for this.

You first check your optimizer cost profile. For quota, the Weight age given there is '0' in SCM 7.0. Generally we thought that it would be like '1'. So, it does not make any sense to define penalty cost for quota violation, unless you put some positive value there in cost profile.

Or if it is done properly, then I think you need to raise an OSS.

Best of luck.

Answers (0)