0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had created in APO for my test planning run

1. Location

2. Products

3. Resources

4. PPMs

5. Stratergic profiles

I had run my heuristic plan in rrp3 at finished product level, it had generated planned orders.

My question is what about my SF( semi finished products) and raw materials requirements?

Do i need to run even for SF and Raw materails?

Please let me know if had done anything wrong

Please any one can help me giving step by steps how we need to configure Detail scheduling with finit planning run?

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Normally we plan finished goods only in APO. However, if semofinished goods are also critical for planning , we do plan these in APO. Now Semifinished goods will have some dependent demands from the finished goods BOMs and also some independent demands .

For planning SFGs in APO, they will also need to have PPMs in APO and need to take planning runs.

If SFGs are to be planned in connected ERP system e.g. SAP R/3, then we need to CIF transfer of the planned orders from APO to SAP R/3 for the FGs. Then we have MRP run to l create respective orders for SFGs .Raw materails planning will be done from the connected ERP system. If it is SAP , then by CIF integration, we need to transfer the planned orders from APO to R/3 and have MRP run in SAP R/3 to create appropriate purchase requisitions for the raw materails.

I assume that you have created master data ( Products,locations, PPMs, , Resources etc), by CIF transfer from SAP R/3- ECC (if the connected ERPsystem with the APO id SAP).

I hope this clarifies the your questions.

Please confirm.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks for your answers. Actually i had created PPM's for all the products and i just wanted to where i need to assign my PPMs to Heuristic plan?

As i had mentioned that i dont want to plan for SF and raw materials, what i wanted it should automatically generate dependent req but it has not generated.

Please let me know where we will assign PPM and why its not generated Dependent requirements?

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You only want to plan Finished goods in APO. Therefore your SFGs and RMs will not be in the PPMs of the FGs.

You will not see any dependent requirements in APO( as SFGs and RMs are not there in APO).

In SAP R/3 system Bills of Materails of FGs will have SFGs and RMs as BOM items.

When the in-house planned orders for FGs are transferred from APO to SAP R/3 system through CIF applciation, these will create depedenet requirements in SAP R/3. MRP run will create the planned orders.

I hope you have integrated SAP R/3 and APO by CIF applciation integration.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kumar,

Datta is right. When you plan FGs in APO then dep reqs for components will only be seen if you have :

a). CIFed the component matlocs to APO

b). Added them as part of the PPM for FGs

Otherwise, the FG Planned Orderswill CIF across to R/3 and do the necessary, but you will still not see them in APO until and unless there is a valid CIF integration model and subsequently the master data (transactional data).

Plesae check your data setup is as per your requirements.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhishek & Dhatta,

Thanks for your answers.Actually sorry to mention that even i had created SF and Raw materials in SAP APO itself and i had also assigned this as a componenets to PPM. So, when i run my Heuristc planning run it should give me dependent requirements as well.

Please it will be really great if you please correct where i went wrong.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member

Hi,

You can plan Finished Goods (FG's), SFG's and RM's in APO and PP/DS. Of course, typically you only want to plan critical materials in APO that are constrained and have long lead times / expensive.

The following are the steps that you can try to run planning run including all FG's, SFG's and RM's.

Identify PP/DS heuristic that best meets your planning planning needs.

Use transaction code /SAPAPO/CDPSB0 (Planning run in foreground) or /SAPAPO/CDPSB1 (Production Planning run in the Background) to run planning for all the products in a single shot i.e. FG's, SFG's, RM's

In the first step, run low-level code heuristic before you run actual planning run heuristic. Low-level code will determine the lowest level a product will appear in all the PPM's in a given location. For example, if an SFG is appearing in the 1nd level in one BOM and same SFG is appearing in 2nd level in another BOM, then low-level code for this SFG is 2 (Low level code for a finished good is 0). Once low-level code heuristic is run, you can evaluate the results in transaction code /SAPAPO/RRP_NETCH and see if low-level codes are calculated correctly. Low-level codes will ensure the planning run happened in the sequence FG's planning first <followed by> SFG's planned next <followed by> RM's i.e. system runs planning for low-level code '0' products first <followed by> low level code '1' products <followed by> low level code '2' and so on......ok...that's enough on low-level codes.

In the second step in the planning run, use the heuristic that you want to run for planning all FG's, SFG's & RM's and include all products together in the selection criteria. No need to split and create selections for FG's planning run in to one step, SFG's in to next step and RM's in to another step. All can be included in one step and the low-level code will ensure the planning happened in sequence.

In case, if you run planning run for one FG product in it's Product View and you want the dependent requirements to be covered immediately i.e. dependent planned order's created immediately, use the "planning procedure = 3 cover dependent requirements immediately" in the PP/DS tab of product master for SFG's and RM's. This will ensure that as soon as the system see's dependent demands for SFG's and RM's, it will immediately create planned orders to cover them. This planning procedure is typically used to meet 'CTP' (Capability to Promise) requirement.

Low-level code heuristic - SAP_PP_020 (Stage-Numbering Algorithm)

MRP Planning run - SAP_MRP_002 (Product Planning (Plan Comp. Immdiately)

Good luck.

Answers (0)