cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting relationship of people when a managing position has many holders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

SAP OM and PM allows multiple holders of a position. I have 2 questions about that actually:

1. Is it common in implementation to have more than 1 holders for a position?

2. usually, a position reports to the managing position of its org. unit. If the managing position has multiple holders, how can we know who reports to whom? any other configurations solve this issue?

3. Similar problem happens when an org.unit has more than 1 managing position. But that can be solved by S-S relationship.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

- Create separate positions for each employee - (one- to - one relationship between positions and persons) --> SAP Best Practice

- To standardize positions make them be derived from jobs.

If I were you I would stick with SAP standard and do not very much use S-S relationship.

Regards,

Dilek

Edited by: Dilek Ersoz Adak on Apr 14, 2010 7:42 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree 100% with Dilek.

Alex, from your question i can tell that you're aware that with regards to "relationships" P is just a holder S, thus inherits all position's attributes, meaning if a person1 holding positionX that reports to a positionY having holders(person2 and person3) it basically means that person1 reports to both person2&3 and vice-versa.

So to make your situation less complex, use Dilek's advice as it will make others things(i.e. workflow, cost distributions etc) easier to do and maintain henceforth.

I hope you manage to fix it.

Kind Regards,

Gosiame.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for the answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see we can have multiple holders for 1 Position

the issue will come in case of Trigerring Work flows based on the cheif of the Department and also in some cases where we take the head count report based on Positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's also a problem for workflow base on org.structure.

any ideas about the issue? what are the recommended practices? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very interesting question Alex.

I think its best to use one holder per position in case you want to go for position based reporting structure.

Let the experts comment.