cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with length of delivery field displayed in LM06 on RF device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have a challenging issue which I have posted on another forum as well, and was hoping that somebody on SDN may be familiar with this. This issue is being reported by one of our warehouses. SAP RF transaction LM06 is used extensively in this warehouse, and we use a 10 digit delivery number. The delivery field itself in SAP is 20 characters, and we have always displayed 10 on RF. The warehouse is telling me that about a week ago, the number of characters displayed on the RF device for the delivery field in LM06 changed from 10 to 9, and that a leading zero was being inserted when the barcoded delivery number was scanned. There have been no changes to the barcode on the picklist, and I am told there have been no changes to the printer that prints the pick list. A change was deployed a week ago that contained some unrelated configuration and a small code change in a user exit for transfer order creation. Neither of these is in any way related to LM06. Our basis team tells me that there have been no changes to the SAP console server, but I have no way to verify that myself as I am a WM functional consultant. Can anybody tell me if they have seen a problem like this before, or if the field display for a transaction like this is configurable in the SAP console server? The RF hardware being used is the Symbol PDT-8146. Unfortunately, I am 10,000 miles from the warehouse, which puts me at a bit of a disadvantage in trying to diagnose this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the good feedback. I have also gotten some useful feedback from my posting on ittoolbox, and have forwarded all of the responses to a colleague who is located at the site where the warehouse is located. I will provide feedback once my colleague has had a chance to investigate further based upon the suggestions that I have received.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can someone debug and see if the program automatically assigns the 0 and also if they are fixed scanners sometimes certain logic can be implemented to add certain fields.

Hope this helps as I cannot think of any other possible way how the barcode would read different.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess there may be issue with field configured on SAP console. Please check at SAP console level also.

Regards,

Prashant