Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes required in date format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have downloaded data from one database table into excel sheet.The date format of the downloaded data in the excel is yyyy.mm.dd but I want the date format as yyyymmdd (8 char in length).Can any one help me in this regard?

Waiting eagerly for your response.

Thanks and regards

Raj

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Move the date into a field of character type and then do the download.

copy those 8 characters into that character field and then update the internal table and finally do the download.

Regards,

Venkatesh

0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your quick response.I am not using any internal table.I am directly downloading the records from a database table to excel sheet.In that excel sheet I want the date format as yyyymmdd instead of yyyy.mm.dd .Can you please help

Raj

0 Kudos

Hope you are downloading data from se16. If yes, data will be downloaded as the data is visible in SE16. If you want to change the format, write a small program to store the table data in internal table. In the internal table, change the field format as per your requirement and download the data from internal table.

Regards

Vinod

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try Uning and take the data type as type c length 8

CONVERT_DATE_TO_INTERNAL

Hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajarshi,

After downloading the dat from database table into Excel.

Right click on any cell of excel-->selct FORMAT CELL...>NUMBER(tab)---> Select Date category and Right side select

required date format.

Regards,

Pravin

DavidLY
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Use the report BCALV_XXL_TOGGLE_DATE.

See SAP notes 358644 and 316814.

Regards,

David