cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating PGR from message type DESADV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have been invovled with a process, where i need to create inbound delivery and automatic PGR. I am using DESADV message type and basic type DELVRY03 and i have populated segments like E1EDL13 with relevent qualifiers 019, 015, and 016 repectively. In addition, i am populating the PO number in the E1EDl24 segment. I able to create inbound delivery, but not auto PGR and i am using FM IDoc_input_DESADV1. I even tried to use IDoc_Input_DELVRY FM, this i have no clue, it reports, it is processed but i am not seeing inbound delivery number anywhere in status. Could somebody throw some light as how i should proceed further. Quick response will much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards

RajeshSAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Basically DESADV is used to post ASN. After physically receipt of goods your PGR process triggers.

Can you please give details about your process to understand your problem .

regards,

Prashant

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In development will go through fine. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I would suggest you to explore the confirmation control key , based on that you can define goods receipt automated the moment inbound delivery is created.

Create a conf control key , set in Vendor master/info records so that it defaults always and GR will be done momentarily when saved. Or make use of user exits to post Goods Receipt to post in background.

Thanks

Sudhakar

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In R/3, it's not possible to create inbound delivery and post GR together via idoc.

It's becuase that:

- When creating delivery, system call function GN_DELIVERY_CREATE. This function module cannot post GR.

- If you want to post GR for delivery, it's only possible via function module WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2.

- You can post GR via idoc WHSCON (basic type DELIVRY*). It's processed by IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY, however, it finally call WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 to update the delivery.

If you want to post GR at the same time when delivery is created, you may consider to do it via output.

- You may customize system to generate an output(Transmission Medium 8, special function) for the inbound delivery when it's created. Then develop your own coding in output processing routine to post GR for that delivery. (e.g. using function module WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2, or using function module IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY)

- You can also customized system to generate an output (Transmission Medium 6, EDI). You can send a WHSCON idoc to the current system. Then process the idoc to post GR for this inbound delivery.

Regards,

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Sorry for the delayed response. Your reply was the nearest to what i have designed, Though the design is subsatntially different, but the the functionality you mentioned is similiar. Thanks for your response on this subject.

Best Regards

RajeshSAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant Dhakane,

This is a virtual system. We don't want any kind of delay in the system and manual intervention. The manual intervention only when either inbiound or outbound delivery fails. Thats keep the human interference to minimum and there is a sales order sitting at the top, which is not account assigned. In other words MTS. Thanks.

Regards

RajeshSAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant and Swagat,

Thanks for the reply. We don't want to schedule the job, since there is gap between the IB delivery and PGR. To answer the prashat question: the process is a follows: We get a message type DESADV from over manufacturing partner, which does goods receipt of our stock for subcontracting process and then we would use same message to do outbound delivery and PGI. The reason we do this is because we have two sap instance in diffrent countries. I am able to do inbound delivery but not PGR and i hope the DESADV can do putbound and PGI. Please throw thoughts as how i would be done. Thanks.

Kind Regarsd

RajeshSAP

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Scheduling a job to post goods receipt may be option. Why don't you want to use background job?

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For doing automatic GR, schedule a batch job for tcode VL06IG (Program: WS_MONITOR_INB_DEL_GDRC) at some frequency to automate the GR of the inbound deliveries. There will be a gap though between the creation of inbound delivery and GR.

Thanks

Swagat