cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing DTW

mark_ownby
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am trying to install DTW on a server that was recently upgraded from 2005A to 2007A, SP01, PL08. I have un-installed the previous version of DTW that was working fine prior to the upgrade. When I try to install DTW now, I get the error message : Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory c:\program files\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench.

I am not even installing to that folder - I am trying to install on d:\program files\sap\data transfer workbench. The location above is where the old version was installed.

I am logged in as the administrator, and have verified the folder permissions. I have create the folder manually, and run the install both with and without the folder in existence. Nothing that I do seems to make a difference. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mark_ownby
Explorer
0 Kudos

After manually editing the registry and removing all references to DTW I was able to get the install to run clean. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

It seems you have not uninstall the previous version successfully. Make sure all temporary files and registration file are clean before you install new.

You may also check this thread:

Thanks,

Gordon