cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make Horizontal scroll in MI 7.1 handheld?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I´m using rowrepeater in MI 7.1 and I have more columns than the screen´s width but there is not horizontal scroll so....I can´t see the other columns.....

The user don´t like the table because the radiobutton for leadSelection is too big.

Any idea? solution?

Thanks a lot for your time on this post.

Rocío.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This depends on what you have in your RowRepeater, just TextViews? fixed width?

I can only think of a complicated solution since there is no integrated solution in MI 7.1 that i know of for horizontal scroll

Possible Solution...

1) The context that the RowRepeater is bound to are generic column1, column2, column3... or less, whatever number that is suitable for screen width

2) then use buttons or FN keys to navigate\scroll left-right which triggers an event to refresh the datasource of column1, column2, columnN

3) triggered event will re-query and bind to populate your RowRepeater's datasource (context \ "columns") with the new columns so to the user it looks like as they press right, there was a shift in the columns to the right

so data in column1, column2, column3

become

data for column2, column3, column4

I think this can keep decent performance since you don't have to re-render the View but it's quite bothersome to write all the code to manage this

just an idea....

i also had this scenario requested before and tried to use Tabstrips, and have the columns on multiple tabs and use left-right to navigate the tabs... but business said feature not important so i got to drop it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alan:

I found this for handhelds

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/47/8baf5f1240444ba39d0bca8704003f/frameset.htm

see "Parameters for the AWT User Interface" but all the parameters seems to be ignore....

have you try it?

thanks for your time!.

Rocío.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I'm using the eSWT interface so can't and haven't used AWT parameters.

It was recommended by the SAP product manager when my company engaged in SAP NetWeaver Mobile to use eSWT.

Also if you have issues with performance, i suggest using DB2e instead of minDB if you are not already doing so if implementing the whole re-query idea.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The app seems not to have horizontal scroll but I found this.....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/47/8baf5f1240444ba39d0bca8704003f/frameset.htm

but it´s not working.....

Edited by: Rocío Lorena Suárez on Apr 16, 2010 11:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rocio,

There is no integrated/direct solution for the horizontal scrollbar.Horizontal scroll bar is not available in OCA.

As suggested by Alan, a similar functionality can be implemented.Please measure the usability of this feature agains the performance in an actual handheld device as it might work fine in laptop environment but slow down in handheld.

Best Regards,

Amit