Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PD profile assignment via PO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

We currently assign structural authorizations at the position level via PO13 and run program RHPROFL0 with Object type S for the desired psosition. However, there is a need to assign a structural at the Org Unit level in hopes of all positions under the Org inheriting the restriction. We were successful in assigning the pd profile to the org; however, when we run RHPROFL0 for the object O where we assigned the structural the positions do not inherit the structural authorization. Any thoughts???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Perhaps the PD profiles only cascade or inherit to direct positions with the Org you are assigning to? Have you validated that the positions within the Org you assigned the PD profile to go the authorizations? Also if you feel the program RHPROFL0 is not generating the authorizations have a ABAP developer step through and debug.

It is interesting that the PD Profiles assigned to the Org wouldnt cascade down similar to assigning SAP Roles to the Org do. I would be interested in the outcome what ever it is.

Thanks,

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Perhaps the PD profiles only cascade or inherit to direct positions with the Org you are assigning to? Have you validated that the positions within the Org you assigned the PD profile to go the authorizations? Also if you feel the program RHPROFL0 is not generating the authorizations have a ABAP developer step through and debug.

It is interesting that the PD Profiles assigned to the Org wouldnt cascade down similar to assigning SAP Roles to the Org do. I would be interested in the outcome what ever it is.

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> We currently assign structural authorizations at the position level via PO13 and run program RHPROFL0 with Object type S for the desired psosition. However, there is a need to assign a structural at the Org Unit level in hopes of all positions under the Org inheriting the restriction. We were successful in assigning the pd profile to the org; however, when we run RHPROFL0 for the object O where we assigned the structural the positions do not inherit the structural authorization. Any thoughts???

Richard,

If you run OOSB or query T77UA table, do users show up with the PD assigned on the Org Unit?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt, you are correct. The structural authorization is only applied to the positions directly under the Org I made the assignment and does does cascade down the Org Structure to other other orgs as a Role assignment would. I am actually sitting with a developer today and will let keep you updated on what I find. thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos

Hi Richard!

Did you find a solution for this problem? We are encountering the same problem on a system where we want to "inherit" PD-profiles from a top org unit down the last positions/personnel/users. I believe the report needs some "fixes" in a Z-copy to be able to inherit over org units. The problem is probable in the area of the relationships which are evaluated.

Thank you very much!