Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cleaning job roles

anita_tleel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the best practice in cleaning up job roles, if a job role is not used , do you just delete it or is there a way to archive it?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If what you call a job role is a composite I'd keep record of all singles included, as well as the anem and description, before deleting it. Making downloads brings along the risk of overwriting newer singles when re-importing at a later point in time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am archiving them, since we have to keep them for audit purposes for 10 years. Transaction SARA, object: US_PROF - don't fall for the description saying 'change doucments', read documentation [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_banking463/helpdata/en/e1/120024e74011d2962b0000e82de14a/content.htm].

0 Kudos

thanks for your reply but the archiving object is for the changing history but not archiving the real job role. Is there a way to archive the either the composite or derived job roles?

0 Kudos

Not via SARA, no. You need the relation from single to composite or derived. SARA has no functionality for such -> a developer told me, that in NW 7.0 the archiving workbench allows for easy development -> can't say whether it's true, haven't checked. Other than that - take Jurjen's advise.