Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Scanner integration in Business One

I have a couple of clients that wish to scan documents into activities. SAP's help indicates "If a scanner is connected to your computer, you can scan documents directly and link them with the corresponding object in SAP Business One. The location of the connected scanner is automatically detected and copied to this field, and a button for activating the scan button appears in all the relevant processing screens."

Does anyone know what the "Relevant processing screens" are? Are Activities included?

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Steve,

there is an interesting SAP Note Nr. 867716:

"How to Integrate a scanner with B1 in order to Update Item Details in Item Master Data."

1. Verify the scanner is identified in General Settings -> Paths -> Current Scanner.

2. Verify the Pictures Folder is defined under 'General Settings'

3. Go into Item Master Data and select the Item to be updated.

4. Go to Details Tab and press the 'Camera' button.

5. In the "Open" Windows under file name - type the desired file name for the picture which is to be scanned, i.e. 'scan1'

6. Press the Refresh button (This will be active if the scanner is identified in B1).

7. This will initiate the scan of the picture in the scanner.

8. Choose to accept the scanned image (This dialog box belongs to the scanners manufacturers software).

9. The file 'scan1' should be now added to the Bitmaps folder.

10. Choose the file 'scan1' and press open.

The picture which was scanned should now be visible under the Items Details tab.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have tested it in item master data and also in activity window ---> and it works!

Hope this will help you!

Jacqueline

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question