cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format problem in webdynpro java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, the date format that gets displayed in our webdynpro java application is MMDDYYYY...i am assuming this is because the web dynpro application has language resource set to en_US as its Current locale in the web dynpro deployed content section. Howver i want it to display as DDMMYYYY. I have changed the default properties in visual admin for web dynpro from en to en_GB however this has no impact what so ever as the current locale is always set to en_US even after the change so am wondering this property is hidden some where else. Now the web dynpro i am talking about is a adobe portal application. Could you give me any pointers as to where else i can look for or how i can change the current locale properly ??

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your inputs..adding locale to the url worked. thanksa gain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiya

many thanks for your note

Would i be doing this from NWDS because i dont have access to it or is there some where within visual admin that i can change the locale settings. Can you confirm

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In simple terms..

First, Locale would be taken from Portal when WD application is integrated in portal.

If in case it fails or WD is running as a standalone application , then locale would be taken from WD application.

So , If you go by Note , Please contact your portal basis team who have access to server file system. For changing properties files ( as mentioned in the SAP Note) you need access to portal server file system. This will set your portal locale.

and If you want you can set the locale in the application of WD and you required NWDS access for that. you will have to do this for every application having Date. This wills set your WD locale.

Regards,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Also this link could help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/18/f3674039c6c549e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

In special the table showing the order the locale is set in the web dynrpo application.

Also it is shown in the last pages of this document, [Web Dynpro for Experts|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/58a7e390-0201-0010-abb1-8eec7eb7a2ec?quicklink=events&overridelayout=true].

And finally you may use the sap.locale request parameter, how it's defined [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]. You must add ?sap-locale=en_GB to url.

Manuel Loayza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your responses.

As regards to note 947081,

I am unsure where i can validate this bit - "The default sap.Locale in the application properties of the Web Dynpro application is investigated.". Can you point me as to how i can view this from visual admin.

Also i am checking other feedback too so thanks again

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check that in the properties of the Application of the Project. Go to the properties of the application and select the Predefined Type and select Browse. You will find the Default Locale there.

- Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use the SimpleDataFormat java API for this purpose.

Regards,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalyana,

You can also change the date format on the web dynpro screen using SImple Types, where you can put your own representation as DD-MM-YYYY.

For this create a simple type of date type and then mention your above format as the representation. Then, set the data type of the context attribute that you have been using to this simpletype instead of date.

Should work.

Regards,

Tushar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check SAP Note : 947081. hopefully It should solve your problem.

Regards,

Puneet