cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format problem in web dynpro java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, the date format that gets displayed in our webdynpro java application is MMDDYYYY...i am assuming this is because the web dynpro application has language resource set to en_US as its Current locale in the web dynpro deployed content section. Howver i want it to display as DDMMYYYY. I have changed the default properties in visual admin for web dynpro from en to en_GB however this has no impact what so ever as the current locale is always set to en_US even after the change so am wondering this property is hidden some where else. Now the web dynpro i am talking about is a adobe portal application. Could you give me any pointers as to where else i can look for or how i can change the current locale properly ??

Regards

Kal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked after changing logon language. Else the other option which also worked was passing en-locale variable in the URL. Thanks again for your thoughts

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wonder how did you solve your problem. Is there the experience you could share with us? Or you have some more questions? Maybe you could close the thread. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The date format in the Web Dynpro Java Application depends upon locale. At runtime WDJ will do the following process to get the current locale for the date format to be determined.

1. First the WDJ Application will check for the locale set for the user in UME.

2. If there is no default locale in UME, then the it will check for the locale in the in the browser which in most cases by default is en-us.

3. If not, then it will check for the sap.systemLocale in the Propertysheet default of Visual Admin

4. If there no locale specified in Visual Admin, itu2019s taken from the WAS JVM

Please check the below SAP Note

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a0/58db515b95b64181ef0552dc1f5c50/frameset.htm

Regards,

Chandran S

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

play a little with the locale of the field you want to change and read about the display patterns in the LCD help (F1, search for pattern). That should answer all yoiur questions, it answered all mine.

Regards Otto