cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Page after Group Footer, loose the last blank page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm basically uing the Grouping section as my report with each group being like a mini report within the overall report run.

I've got the Header in the Group Header section and the Footer in the group footer section. I set the Group footer to New Page After which works great except on the last group footer where there's no more groups, it prints a blank page. It there is only one group then it always prints the extra page which is blank. In the last group footer section I have the New Page After and also the Suppress Blank Section but it still prints out the blank page. Is there a formula to use such that if the last page will be blank it will not print it? I'm sure this question has been asked a zillion times but I could not find the answer searching the forums.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Instead of checking the new page after in the group footer, i suggest you use the following formula.

NOT OnLastRecord

This will produce a new page after every group footer unless the report is processing the last record which should be true after printing the final group footer.

Marshall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marshall,

Thanks i added that formula WHILE keeping the New Page After checked and that worked

THANKS!!

Harry

Edited by: HarrySimpson on Apr 13, 2010 8:42 PM

Edited by: HarrySimpson on Apr 13, 2010 8:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a formula, it doesn't matter if the checkbox is checked or not, Crystal will use the result of the formula.

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where are these nifty functions documented?

such as NOT OnLastRecord

Former Member
0 Kudos

NOT is documented under logical operators. It is a standard (almost "required") part of just about any programming language...

OnLastRecord would be under Functions -> Print State. They are also in the Print State branch of the function tree in the expression editor. That function tree is actually a pretty good place to find functions, then look any that you don't know up in the on-line help.

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Harry, I am trying not to be obnoxious or a smarta$$ but all the functions are documented in the help file and if the help file is too cryptic you can always search on here for articles. There is a bunch of information on SDN (most of it written before SAP took over) that I have found useful in the past.

What I found really useful when I was learning Crystal was looking at the available functions in the function tree that is found in the formula editor (if you don't see it press ALT-U to turn it on or off). You get a different list of functions depending on where you are when you invoke the formula editor and what the formula is expected to return.

The formula tree catergorizes all the functions which should give you a clue on how the function is intended to be used and when used in conjunction with the help file you should be able to figure out what you need.

Just my two cents.

Marshall

Answers (0)