Did you mean: 

dynamic filter on last 13 months ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've read some threads about this but not sure they can fit my requirments

BO XI 3.1 SP2 FP 2.6 on SAP BW 7.01 SP5

my requirements:

-having an dynamic filter (condition) on my fiscal periods which filter on the last 13 full loaded monthes depending on the day we are (refreshing date)

- this filter must be optional (does not concern all reports built on the universe)

- no prompt : if i have a prompt , the report cannot be scheduled or can be schedule but prompt must be updated each month => no way

- if i use a Sap customer exit declared as an optional variable (for my requirement N°2), the variable gives the 13 fiscal period interval as default values and transfer default values to BO reports . We have seen that if we remove default values in BO prompt (optional prompt) default values stays in BEX queries and the report is filtered anyway...

I know how to do that when i built reports and universe on RDBMS database but in OLAP?

please advise

Many thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if this would satisfy all your requirement- but the way to build dynamic filters against OLAP universe is to create predefined filters with the appropriate MDX expressions.

The regular syntax is

<FILTER EXPRESSION="IIF([Measures].[Quantity] = 2000, 1, 0)"> 

. You can check the OLAP universe best practices guide for more samples.

Edited by: ramaks on Apr 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure it can fit my requirment.

With such expression, it means i need to retrieve all data then applying this filter in order to identify what is flag as '1'.

I cannot retrieve all years of my cube for having only the last 13 months....

but may be i'm wrong?