Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Interface Documentation

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

could you tell me where i can find information regarding with SAP PI Interface Documentation. How can i generate reports of created objects, interfaces, scenarios if i have documented them in IR and ID? Is there any guide i can use to document my interfaces? Can this documentation be published as a HTML resource?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there is no standard way where you can utilize the documentation maintained in IR or ID. The Documentation feature seems to be helpful only for developers. You may add a link there to some externally maintained document.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/EN/11/395542785de64885c4e84023d93d93/frameset.htm

Regards,

Prateek

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers! Actually what i want to know if it's worthy to document objects in IR and ID so after i can generate reports of it. If eventually i have to generate the documentation externally i don't think it is useful.

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

By the way, is there any way to create new sections when documenting an object? There's just the section "Use" in the drop down list.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats the problem. It is not worth the effort till now and therefore not in use extensively. May be future releases have some improved functionalities.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the technical + functional document that we prepare for an interface developed in SAP XI/ PI? If yes, then have a look at this section:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/86bdc490-0201-0010-b9a2-b98373ea4...

Normally such documents are hosted in a server which has a user interface....this user interface has a link which refers to the actual document.....a search kind of functionality.

May be a search on SDN can help you further.

Regards,

Abhishek.