cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Job Aggregation Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running a Background Job (Univariate Forecast Profile). My Selection Profile excludes 3 single values can I still run the model at this level of aggregation "total" excluding those 3 single values. Running the model at the Total should be more accurate than running the model for 22 single values and summing the forecast. For some reason a forecast is no longer being produced? I do get the warning Characteristic of selection not part of aggregation level. I didn't notice any problems the last couple months.

Thanks, experts!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guarav, please see my comment below.

Ok, I believe I have resolved the issue. I am going to summarize my previous process.

1.Created a Master Profile (forecast) for each Strategy I wanted to test. I would use the same Master Profile even if I changed the Parameters in the Univariate Profile.

2.Used the same forecast Activity, changing each time I changed the Strategy. Planning Job would remain the same.

3.By creating a New Activity & New Planning Job my forecast model appears to be running correctly. The only items I continue to select in the Planning Job Aggregation Level are SourceSystem and Product.

It Appears the best methodology is to set up a separate Master Profile/Univariate Profile for each Strategy & set of Parameters. A separate Activity & Planning Job should also be set up for each Strategy & set of Parameters. This would also have to be done in order to add to an overnight (monthly) Process Chain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kevin,

Can you check if the characterstics in your selection profile are choosen in the aggregation level for your background job. Kindly go into the interactive planning book and run the forecasting profile at the total level. The background job should behave the same.

I do not see any issues with running the forecasting at the total level.

I hope running interactively the forecasting should give you the exact issue details.

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Gaurav