cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle multiple DEV clients in CHARM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

We have many DEV clients in our ECC landscape.

Some customizing needs to be imported into all DEV clients.

In order to use CHARM to do above import into different DEV clients, I want to define some logical components with only

2 systems, i.e. source DEV client and target DEV client (e.g. DEV100->DEV200). Then link this logical component to a

project.

In this way we will define many projects (logical componets, maintenance cycles) depending on how path combinations existing on the STMS setup.

Could you help verify whether this will work as expected? Because I did not configure 2 system tp for CHARM before therefore I am not sure.

Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey David,

Before i would like to explain what that means. It s when Solman does nt understand that your DEV 200 is in a certain way connected by a consolidation route to your DEV 100. It doesnt understand that DEV 200 is part of your actual landscape connected by STMS routes to other systems. Many mistakes can provide this error

1 - first can u check in transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN for your project the system landscape that your project sees. Its in Tab System Landscape, then press button 'Shipment Routes'.

If the configuration sees DEV 200, then take a look to point 2 otherwise that means there is something wrong with you logical components. Another IMPORTANT thing in tr: SAOLR_PROJECT_ADMIn in tab System Landscape - Systems; all the systems of the logical components should be visible in tab; otherwise Solman doesn't see them. You can use System Role Assignmenet button to make sure that's the case (this is a commun mistake made especially when custom roles types are used)

2 - then check that DEV system is well declared in SMSY. Sometimes, just be making a small modification on system declaration as adding a space to decsription, it regenarates the IBase and correct value in table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP.

BEFORE doing it PLEASE check that in table SMSY_SYSTEM_SAP you have an active entry corresponding to your system DEV. You must also know that point 2- IS AN IMPORTANT CHANGE. I would advice you to check before that it wont disturb other Solman configurations (processes)

Keep me updated

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should take a look to those 2 threads especially the second one IF those other clients are USED FOR CREATING TR:

IF the other clients should just be synchronized with custo done in the first one then the lines above will help you.

Important fact "A Solman Project can have more than a logical component."

So for example in your case if you are trying to update DEV 200 with DEV 100 when importing TR to quality system (200 must be a kind of reference client for you),

you ll simply have to declare a Solman Project containing the core logical component (for ex: DEV 100 -> QUAL 100 -> PRD 100) AND another one that ll let you import in DEV 200 (DEV 100 -> DEV 200).

In your generated tasklist you'll then find DEV 200 under Target Systems node; like if it was a QUAL system AND you ll find tasks as "Import Transport Requests" available for DEV 200.

As a prerequesite you MUST declare DEV 200 in your logical component as a Target Role System and not as a Source Role System (like DEV 100) (Transaction SMSY). Otherwise Solman will understand that DEV 200 will be used only for creating and releasing TR and it will be considered like DEV 100

Hope it helps

Keep me updated with how it goes

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since I am also very interested on this, I have tested your way.

According to Dolores' helpful blog, I've designed the logical components as follows:

1) DEV100 -> QAS100-> DEV200 -> PRD100 (i.e. only one logical component)

2) DEV100 -> QAS100 ->PRD100 (logical component 1)

DEV200 (logical component 2 only has DEV200 as its QAS role)

3) DEV100 -> QAS100-> PRD100 (logical component 1)

DEV100 -> DEV200 (logical component 2 has DEV100 and DEV200 as its DEV and QAS roles respectively)

Iu2019ve created a dedicated project for each of above. All above ways can generate the task list.

However, DEV200 is under the node called "system without transport connection".

Therefore I cannot import anything into DEV200. The tp error is:

Job started

Step 001 started (program /TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT, variant 00000000000455, user ID

Unable to find transport route with selected status

Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE

I appreciate if you can tell how to fix this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could some one help with this?

Thanks a lot!