cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Consumption of component in PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is components(input as well as output) in PPM should be continuous consumption (type C) and one out put is offset by one day. Please tell me what setting is required in R/3 to achieve this in APO PPM after CIF.

Regards

Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For output components you can define it in production version and for components in BOM.

Please take care of following points-:

There is no set up activity or sequence dependet set up for routing of this products otherwise there will be difference in availability date in ECC and APO.

As in APO components with continous consumption are assigned to process activity and not set up but ECC for planned orders it will be assigned to set up activity only. For production order you can configure to assign it process activity.

Regards,

Santosh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The heuristic you select for your PP/DS planning run also matters in case of Continuous I/O planning.

Use heuristic SAP_PP_C001 (Planning of Standard Lots for Conti- I/O) and see if it helps.

Edited by: Srini Uppala on Apr 15, 2010 3:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

The continuous consumption of th components is defined by distribution key in SAP R/3.

iN R/3 to APO CIF transfer of PPMs, the distribution key is implemented, but it is hard-coded (linear distribution).

You will have to maintian the lead-time offset of 1 day for 1 day offset of requirements.

Please refer to OSS note 456278 for the detailed explanation.

There is currently no direct mapping for the R/3 distribution key in APO. When transferring PPMs from SAP R/3 system to APO, the distribution key is mapped as a continuous receipt/requirement ( called u2018continuous consumptionu2019 for the type of material consumption.

There are also some additional notes regarding the effects of the above on dates differences in APO and R/3.

I hope this will help you.

Please confirm.

Regards

Datta Kadam