Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2C - Users should not be allowed to view pricing until registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings all,

We have a very wierd user requirement.

The business does not want to show any list price of the product to the users when they are browsing in the B2C shop.

Only when they register and are B2B customers, do they want to show the list prices and contract pricing.

In the B2C shop management, for parameter "Controlling Price Determination in the Catalog" we are using "via IPC" as the check.

So basically the question is :

With our current set-up - In B2C how can we "NOT SHOW" any price of the products.

Correct answers will be gracefully rewarded with points

Thanks, USD

Edited by: USD30547 on Apr 13, 2010 5:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

We can do as following.

1.do some coding to hide prices and add to shopping cart in catalog area level.if the user is not logged in.

or

2.Hide all the prices and addto shopping cart link in B2C and in log in link we will give B2B link.All these we have to do in java.

Thanks and Regards

shanto aloor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi USD,

If I understand your requirement then you do not want to display price for unregistered customer.

My question "How you would know that current person who is browsing your catalog is not your registered customer?"

When Customer try to login at that time you will know about customer registration.

So you can check if customer is not login (i.e. login status is not OK) do not show price.

You have to check login status if user is not logged in do not show price.

I think it will help you to resolve your issue.

eCommerce Developer