cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem loading SWF file in FlashIsland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I am trying to use FlashIsland for ABAP WebDynpro.

Unfortunately the SWF File is not loading. When I type the URL to the SWF File directly to the browser, the SWF file loads correctly.

In the header I have posted the statement: initialize="initApp()". My initApp I have implemented, too (see below).

import sap.FlashIsland;

public function initApp():void

{

FlashIsland.register(this);

}

What can be the problem there?

First I thougt it might be a problem of my Internet Explorer configuration or the customizing of the SAP System. But when I execute the WDR_TEST_FLASH_ISLAND application everything works fine there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,

Thomas Weber

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So,

I installed Flex Builder 3 with the Standard SDK 3.2.

Now i implemented a very simple Flex Project again:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute" initialize="initApp()">

<mx:Script>

<![CDATA[

import sap.FlashIsland;

public function initApp():void

{

FlashIsland.register(this);

}

]]>

</mx:Script>

<mx:Label x="166" y="115" text="TEEEEESSSSSSSSSTTTTTT" width="399" height="161" id="LBL_TEST" enabled="true"/>

</mx:Application>

I get the same behavior like explained before. The Flash is not loading at all!

And again I cant do any right click on the page. I get an empty page loaded...

Please help me! What can be the problem?

Nice regards,

Thomas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the standard SAP demo solution works then there isn't a problem with inactive ICF nodes or anything else with the FlashIslands framework on the server. Which SWC library are you building into your Flex Project?

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SWF gets loaded in Development system properly. But when moved to Quality, swf is not displayed. SWF file is transported successfully to QE.Checked by doublicking it in SE80 editor on WD component.

simon_xu2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

vijaya lakshmi ,

Is it fixed? I had same problem. Anyone knows the answer?

Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes me too

Probably i typed the size relative: 100% each

But you have to define the size in pixel, and nothing else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh damn I am really ashamed!

I did not tell the FlashIsland how big it should be! I forgot to type the width and height

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Thomas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm glad it was something simple. I was beginning to run out of troubleshooting ideas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks for your quick reply!

No I don't have any bindings. Like I mentioned before I have only one label to be displayed!

And yes, I have uploaded the SWF file to the repository...

In fact you have an absolute URL to the SWF file.

/WD_APPLICATION/SWF_FILE.swf

e.g. application is z_wd_test and swf file ist test.swf the absolute file path would be:

/Z_WD_TEST/test.swf

It seems that the SWF file does not load at all. What could be a reason for that?

Best Regards,

Thomas

Edited by: ThomasWeber on Apr 13, 2010 4:51 PM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Is Z_WD_TEST the WD application that you uploaded the MIME to and the application you are running? If so you don't need to specify the application name in the path. Just provide the name of the SWF itself.

So the propery value would be just test.swf.

If you are using a MIME that is uploaded to a difference web dynpro application then you have to include ../ in front. This is a relative URL so you are saying go up one directory from where my application is then go down to this other WD application (applications are basically folders in the virtual file system of the ICM). So the value of the property in this case would be:

../Z_WD_TEST/test.swf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about that, I might have confused you.

I have uploaded the swf file to the mime of the webdynpro application. And I specify the file only with test.swf. There is surely everything correct.

The strange thing is, that my WebDynpro Application does not load my swf file. I even can't do a right click. Neither the WebDynpro Menu is poping up nor the Flash Menu.

But when I type /test.swf in addition to my WebDynpro application path, the swf file is loaded by the browser.

Is it possible that there is a kind of conflict with the SDK?

I have got the Flex Builder 4 Trial Version. I downloaded and I am using actually the SDK 3.0.

Thanks,

Thomas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Flash Builder 4 is not supported. We also don't support Flex SDK version 3.4 or higher. If you are compiling from Flash Builder4 you MIGHT be able to get it work as long you are forcing copile to a version of Flex SDK older than 3.4.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1312542

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes for that I downloaded the SDK 3.0.

The Project is build with that version (3.0) and compiled!

Something is there very strange...

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your intialization seems correct and the FlashIsland framework would seem to work as well as indicated by the test application. Are you uploading the SWF to the Mime Repository and referencing it from there? You can't have an absolute URL reference to the SWF.

Also do you have any data binding to the FlashIsland. That could be the source of your problem. You might try removing the bindings just to check and see if you can load the Island.