Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure Web Services Security in PI 7.1

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting an error message when using the XI adapter to send encrypted data. I am using SAP PI 7.1 EHP1 SP3.

*Communication error Proxy calls are not permitted on sender or receiver side on the IS (client)

Error during message security handling in outbound channel: Security profile 'Sign and Encrypt Message' *

According to my research I need to get my basis team to configure Web Services Security. I've found the Netweaver 04 configuration guide but I don't think this is relevant. The following help has information on web services security but little or no information.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/44/bc872fc60b7006e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Is anyone able to point me towards the right document?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its working perfectly now. It seems basis had following the instructions but used the wrong port in the RFC destination. 10 minutes ago we sent and received a message successfully!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u filled correctly al the connection parameters in the CommChannel? maybe something is bad filled in the User and Pasword security for the webservice, you must active the Configure User Autentication box if u have a SOAP adapter.

Regards.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Communication error Proxy calls are not permitted on sender or receiver side on the IS (client)

This error usually appears when you use PI installation client as the one also used as sender or receiver, If you want to use the same server, then you have to use another client on PI system.

Regards,

Prateek

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Prateek

This is a call to a partner, we are not communicating with the same PI system.

Does anyone else have any advice?

Thanks..

park_saeiam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

May be that partner you define Integration System not Application system in Business system. try define to application system.

Thanks

Park

park_saeiam
Explorer
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> May be that partner you define Integration System not Application system in Business system. try define to application system.

>

> Thanks

> Park

or try use Business services instead.