cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.csv file Vs .txt file Content conversion sender file channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a file with filename say input.csv.I want to do content conversion for these .CSV file.Is it same like we have to do for .txt file say input.txt.

when i open my .csv file in notepad, i get multiple rows with each field separated by ';'.what are the content conversion parameters we have to define for .csv file and can we mention input.csv as the file name as a source file name.

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Just go ahead with the FCC for .csv file in the same way that we do for .txt file

File extension won't matter in FCC, you need to mention it correctly (*.csv) while configuring the source filename in sender channel.

In FCC you need to give fieldSeparator as ';' which will work for your scenario.

Regards,

Gautam Purohit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CSV file is nothing but a type of text file with comma separated fields. check File content conversion for sender you will have any references.

Thanks,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to every one for suggestion.I have cleared my doubts.

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following parameters for Sender file channel in case of reading .csv file

Recordset Structure.fieldSeparator -

Recordset Structure.endSeparator -

'nl'

Recordset Structure.fieldNames -

provide field names separated with ,

Regards

Seshagiri

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it would be similar to any other FCC.

Since its a CSV the separator will be a comma (open the file in wordpad to confirm the field separator , or ; )