Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can not send email in internal SAP system

Dear all !

I have a problem with send email from SAP system

I have setup two system on two different servers as following:

On server 1 includes : Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP and Exchange 2007 of my company on Windows 2003 SP1 -> it is operating well

On server 2 : I have installed SAP system (ECC 6.0)

With the aim to test the email functionality of SAP, so I built a server anymore. This server functions as server 1 (Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP and Exchange 2007) -> for testing. I would call this server is the server 3 ( with windows firewall disabled, not have anti virus program).

I made test with case 1 in Local Network through Exchange 2K7 (with Server 2 and Server 3), as follows :

On Server 3 : my domain controller is abc.com, with two mailbox user is U1 and U2.

On Server 2 : I have configured SAPConnect as Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP . I created two account is Basis01 and Basis01 respectively with email U1(at)abc.com and U2(at)abc.com

And then I logged in SAP system (Server 2) with user Basis01 (with email U1(at)abc.com) -> using tcode SBWP -> new message -> send to U2(at)abc.com with Internet Mail type

=> using tcode SOST -> status message with green light -> successfully sent

I made test with case 2 in Local Network through Exchange 2K7(with Server 2 and Server 1), as follows :

On Server 1 : my domain controller is thuduchouse.com ( already registered ) with two mailbox user is U1 and U2

On Server 2 : I have configured SAPConnect as Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP . I created two account is Basis01 and Basis01 respectively with email U1(at)thuduchouse.com and U2(at)thuduchouse.com

And then I logged in SAP system (Server 2) with user Basis01 (with email U1(at)thuduchouse.com) -> using tcode SBWP -> new message -> send to U2(at)thuduchouse.com with Internet Mail type

=> using tcode SOST -> status message with red light and error message :

u201CNo delivery to U2(at)thuduchouse.com , as recipient unknownu201D

My question : I do not understand why such differences. In Case 2, I can not send mail in a local network. Server 2 and Server 3 is configured the same, only different Domain

Please help me for this problem in Case 2

Thanks

Former Member
replied

Hello,

You need to config your mail server to route or forward the mail addresses to one or several SAP

systems or clients. You have to check the mail server documentation for more information.

Regards,

David

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question