cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How save Excel file into R/3 Server System Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one doubt. EP Server in One System and R/3 Server in another System Bother are diff systems.

My Requirement is I have to download in Excel file into portal through NWDS application and excel file asking SAVE Button Click on SAVE button that file will be save into R/3 Server System path. That path is given client.

How we will do. These are both diff system how can I save this file into R/3 Server System.

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a confusion here , WD provides two UI one for Uploading files and other for Downloading files.

1. If you are downloading a file ( from any server ) , it will only be downloaded on local machine ( I am assuming you have not mapped any network drive).

2. If you are uploading a file , you can upload it on any server (e.g R/3 system ).

The only option available for you is to have a separate Upload UI element and use it to upload the files in R/3 system.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Puneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

2. If you are uploading a file , you can upload it on any server (e.g R/3 system ).

The only option available for you is to have a separate Upload UI element and use it to upload the files in R/3 system.

I need How to upload that file in to R/3. Just Browse the file from Local System and Click on Upload Button That file will move to this path (/exchange/CED).

How i will write coding. Can u help. that file will saved on this path (/exchange/CED) of R/3 Server

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend

I have one Query on WDJ. Here I have two requirements.

I have done click on u201CExport Excelu201D Button that data was download into Excel file Now my requirement is click on Save Button that file will save into (/exchange/CED) this path of R/3 System.

CED -

>is R/3 System ID

Under System id we can save this file.

Here EP Server and R/3 Servers in Diff Systems.

I was write codeing

InputStream text = null;

int temp = 0;

try

{

File file = new File(wdContext.currentContextElement().getResource().getResourceName().toString());

// String File = "abc.xls";

// String file = "anat" + ".xls";

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("File::"+file);

FileOutputStream op = new FileOutputStream(file);

// FileOutputStream op = new FileOutputStream("D://usr//sap//BPE//"+file);

// FileOutputStream op = new FileOutputStream("D://KumarDev-BackUp//"+file);

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("op::"+op);

if (wdContext.currentContextElement().getResource()!= null)

{

text = wdContext.currentContextElement().getResource().read(false);

while((temp=text.read())!= -1)

{

op.write(temp);

}

}

op.flush();

op.close();

// path = file.getAbsolutePath();

path = "/exchange/CED/"+file;

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("path:"+path);

}

catch(Exception ex)

{

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("ex.printStackTrace()");

My Req is that file will saved in this path (path = "/exchange/CED/"+file; )

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Answers (0)