Did you mean: 

Regarding Service PO issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

We are in SRM 7.0 ECS

When i create a PO with Item type: Service, i get the following error:

"Line 1: Start date of the timeframe is in the past; check the entry "

so i changed the required date from Required: Between 04/13/2010 04/26/2010 then i am getting the following error

"Product is ambiguous; select the product using the input help"

How to resolve the issue please let me know

Regards

Simha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simha,

Please implement the notes 1382017, 1445079 and 1449146. The last note solved our problem, the others were already implemented with the support packs.

Regards,

Jos van den Berg

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the problem in SRM 5.0 in COMCPRFORMAT by setting the length of product numbers on 40 positions. We have this problem since we have applied support pack 17.

Jos van den Berg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simha,

Please choose a future date for the delivery date.

Can you please let us know whether you are choosing item from service master or free text service (entering description)?

In case you are choosing service item from service master check in the search help whether you could see the required service item or not otherwise enter the details in the description field.

Please let us know the outcome for further help.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I did the same by selecting the future delivery date still i am getting error. Some times the above mentioned error and sometimes with the following error. Buyer is manually creating a PO with service master

Error application is coming up.

xxxxx413

BUYER01

xxxxxx

exxxxxe-new

http://exxxxe-xxxx:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda_l_fpm_oif/

Product ID is longer than the Customizing setting allows

Product ID is longer than the Customizing setting allows

Function: CONVERSION_EXIT_PRID1_INPUT of program SAPLCOM_PR_CONVERSION

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_MAPPER~UPDATE of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DODM_PO_I_BD=CP

Method: FIRE_EVENT_UPDATE of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_XO_MAPPER====CP

Method: /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_XO_MAPPER~CHANGE_MAPPER_ACTIVITY of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_XO_MAPPER====CP

Method: DETAILS_SELECTED of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_UI_ASSIST_DTLCP

Method: TAB_SELECTED of program /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_UI_ASSIST_DTLCP

Method: ONACTIONSELECT_TAB of program /1BCWDY/RF4F5IGMCDULSQ498RLM==CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_DELEGATE~WD_INVOKE_EVENT_HANDLER of program /1BCWDY/RF4F5IGMCDULSQ498RLM==CP

Method: INVOKE_EVENTHANDLER of program CL_WDR_DELEGATING_VIEW========CP

Method: IF_WDR_ACTION~FIRE of program CL_WDR_ACTION=================CP

http://exxxxxe-xxxxx.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sapsrm/wda

Regards

Simha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simha,

The short dump you are getting is because of Product ID is longer than the Customizing setting allows.

The error message clearly shows the same.

Try using a different product ID which is having less number of characters than the one you chose earlier.

Parallely get the ABAPer and debug the Function: CONVERSION_EXIT_PRID1_INPUT of program SAPLCOM_PR_CONVERSION

and methods showing in the error dump by using the same product ID using which you were getting this error dump.

Also check the customizing settings made any for Product ID.

You can check for this error dump in ST22 transaction.

Hope this helps you in analyzing and in troubleshooting the issue.

Please let us know the outcome to help you further in case of any clarifications.

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have the same product replicated from multiple backend systems? In that case, the system is not able to decide which one to pick. If you pick using search help, it will pick from the logical system you selected.

SG