cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication problem with Web Services while connecting from .Net Applica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to connect to a web service served by SAP and i have authentication problem.

I simply added the service by right clicking project, selecting add service reference, giving WSDL url for the service and clicking OK.(After clicking ok asked for credentials and i provided them)

Then when i tried to call a method from the serviceclien object i got the error message below:

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Anonymous'. The

authentication header received from the server was 'Basic realm="SAP Web Application

Server <hostname>"'.

Web Config Related Part:

<basicHttpBinding>
<binding name="binding" closeTimeout="00:01:00"
 openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:01:00"
 allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard"
 maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536"
 messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered"
 useDefaultWebProxy="true">
 <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="8192" maxArrayLength="16384"
  maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />      
 <security mode="None">       
  <transport clientCredentialType="None" proxyCredentialType="None"
   realm="">
   <extendedProtectionPolicy policyEnforcement="Never" />
  </transport>       
  <message clientCredentialType="UserName" algorithmSuite="Default" />
 </security>
</binding>

Also, What problems will i face with? I do not want to use SAP .NET Connector. Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey.. did Ihar's solution solve the problem?

What has the admin to do - is there a "How to"-document or a discription what the admin has to do?

Greetings.. Andi

former_member197445
Contributor
0 Kudos

I would think that it's much more likely that the IIS web site on the server was not configured with Anonymous authentication enabled.  SSL, while nice to have, should never be required for a web service to work properly.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You probably need to talk to your basis administrator to setup SSL connection which requires security certificate. I had the same problem before and that was the better solution than use digital certificate on client machine, I think.

Ihar