Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in creating Zreport from Standard report

former_member184119
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi I need to copy standard report RPTQTA10 into normal report and adding Excel download functionality.

Here I am facing one issue that the report output is from fm 'REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY'

Where field-catlog-SUM = 'x' .

When I download from the Internal table i.e. passed to FM 'REUSE_ALV'''... The data that is not formated will be downloaded ....

How can I pass the original O/P data to Excel that is downloaded???? Is there A way

How can we avoid this situation..Please help me.Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sas

Edited by: saslove sap on Apr 13, 2010 2:04 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's wrong with the standard dropdown menu that allows you to save to a file? Isn't that available? Please tell the users that you have checked every dropdown menu path and that there is no possible download option....the absolute last thing you should do is "clone" SAP code. In fact, you'll probably spend much less time and effort just writing a report that does what you need instead of trying to copy the SAP version, which is designed, after all, to be all things to all people...so there's always a LOT of functionality for which you have no need in the SAP version.

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do i get you right, the download is not formatted/sorted while the display is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sas,

What i have inderstood from your question is :

Why don't you pass the internal table final values to some other final internal table.

Concatenate the header descriptions, Values in the fields , loop the final internal table and append one by one.

Ex:

CONSTANTS :  c_delim TYPE c VALUE cl_abap_char_utilities=>horizontal_tab

CONCATENATE  'Desc1'
               'Desc2'
               'Desc3'
      INTO wa_excel_dwnld-line
                               SEPARATED BY c_delim.
     APPEND wa_excel_dwnld TO it_excel_dwnld.
     CLEAR: wa_excel_dwnld.

LOOP AT it_output INTO wa_output.
     CONCATENATE   wa_output-field1
                                 wa_output-field2
                                 wa_output-field3

INTO wa_excel_dwnld-line
                               SEPARATED BY c_delim.
     APPEND wa_excel_dwnld TO it_excel_dwnld.
     endloop.

Edited by: Mishra.Manas on Apr 13, 2010 2:11 PM

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY has Excel download function built in, why do you want to add this?

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I need to copy standard report RPTQTA10 into normal report...

"Normal report"??

Perhaps you just want to check your "normal authorizations" for object S_GUI actvt '61'?

A lot of "normal code" is wasted on working around SAP owned authorization-checks and the intentions behind them, but in this case you are a bit stumped because it is a central "base" check.

As a workaround, you can take multiple screenshots if you can successfully run the report, change the layout or debug the internal tables...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's wrong with the standard dropdown menu that allows you to save to a file? Isn't that available? Please tell the users that you have checked every dropdown menu path and that there is no possible download option....the absolute last thing you should do is "clone" SAP code. In fact, you'll probably spend much less time and effort just writing a report that does what you need instead of trying to copy the SAP version, which is designed, after all, to be all things to all people...so there's always a LOT of functionality for which you have no need in the SAP version.

0 Kudos

Thomas , Actually My requirement is to Email the excel ..If I say the format might be people will start giving how to Email to avoid confusion i have written as Download to excel.

So I Thought of taking data from origianl table (ITAB) to one more final int table(JTAB).

loop at itab .

at new.

.sum.

3 fields.

endat.

append JTAB.

endloop.

If you can see the standard report you can clearly understand what I am saying ...

Sas

0 Kudos

Hi ..After copying the STANDARD report to ZREPORT I HAVE ONE QUESTION. Please guide me.

When we are changing any text elements are asking to Maitain in ORG language or Maintain in Logon Language?

Which one i need to choose for this? My system has logon for EN only I doesnt have any other language.....

Regards

Sas

0 Kudos

It should be maintained in Logon Language as its your Z-Report. Standard Reports generally have language as DE.

0 Kudos

As A Peer suggestion I have kept as DE...Please let me know the issues by keeping like this....

Regards

Sas

Edited by: saslove sap on Apr 22, 2010 12:25 PM

0 Kudos

Hello Sas,

As a general practice while copying standard reports to zreports its better to maintain the same settings as per the original report. For text elements its better to login in DE and maintain the translations in your logon language.

Vikranth

0 Kudos

I am not doing practice its requirement!!

Any way thanks for the suggestion , Giving me confidence my way is correct

Regards

sas

0 Kudos

The context of the practice which i meant refers to the standard procedure. Not the kind of practice which you think:-)

0 Kudos

Lol!! I Know Just kidding Vikranth...Any way thanks for the help

Regards

sas