cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube enhance and data loading ***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I am new to SAP BI and have one question

I have a cube with fields Cust id, Cust name , add1 and we have the data from 2000 u2013 2008 for all these fields, in 2008 we added another field add2 to the cube from that time it is getting data to the new field add2.

Now user wants the historical data to this field Add2. data is coming from source system R/3 so how can I load the historical data to the cube?

Advance thxsu2026

Regards,

Krishna

Edited by: Krish on Apr 13, 2010 6:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are loading historical data to cube then you have to delete the exisitng data for the same time period. For Ex: If you are loading data for year 2007 then delete the exisitng data for year 2007 in cube and then load. Otherwise data will get doubled. You can use selective deletion (Manage screen ---> Content tab --> Delete selections) for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In This case you have to delete data from cube and load it again.,

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your datasource is already in production, and you want to data only from today onwards for enhanced fields, i.e. historical data is not required for enhanced fields..

1. Fix ECC down time for 20 to 30 munities

2. Keep all objects on Qty system in ECC and BW.

3. Run Delta laods in BW for 2 to 3 times.So with this step you can clear SMQ1 and RSA7. Check the entries in RSA7, if it is ZERO then it is fine.

4. Move DS from ECC Qty to ECC PROD .

5. Replicate in BW.

6. Move all BW objects from BW Qty to BW Prod.

7. Delete Init load in InfoPackage level (Not in ODS/Cube).

8. Load Init without DataTransfer.

9. Then Run Delta.

10.Next day on wards deltas will come as usual.

If you need Historical data also.

1. Delete data in Cube.

2. Fix Down Time and load Init then Delta.

Thanks

Surendra Reddy