Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCM: Difference between WCM Permit & Valuation

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am learning the WCM process. I see that the descriptions of both WCM Permit & Valuation are same like Fire Permit, Height Work.

I understand that Valuation is used to determine the number of Work Clearance Applications needed. Does these not populate automatically based on the Permits I attach to the Order?

Hope I am not confusing 2 entirely different issues. Can somebody throw some light on this. I am using IDES ECC 6.0 and Planning Plant 1200 with Enhanced Model in WCM.

Regards

MLN Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

WCM valuation define which planning plant you are activating the WCM application. For eg: If I say plant 1200 is activate for valuation for WC Application. This means that you must valuate every WCM-relevant orders.

This you will find in the Maintenance order one additional button once you have activated.

WCM permit are permit assigned to the WCM objects . eg: It can be a permit for WA or WD.

In PM without WCM permit are not assign to WCM objects.

Hope this help to clarify your doubt.

DP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member349429
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

we should take care of the rules of engagements and only discuss one question per thread.

Many understanding problems come from the thermology. Sometimes we says permit and mean only an approval. Sometimes we says permit and mean a WCM object e.g. WC application. For an expert it is not a problem but for a beginner it is really confusing.

The WCM online documentation (~ 100 pages) will answer all your questions, if you read it carefully.

Regards, Uwe

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe Kirchner

Thank you for the reply.

I have taken care of Rules of Engagement, I had intially asked difference between Permits & Valuation. As you answered only about Valuation, I again asked about with reference to permits.

I have been reading the total material on that and where I could not get clarity I posted on the forum. Shall go through again to get clarity.

Regards,

MLN Prasad

former_member349429
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

You can activate the valuation for WCM-relevant orders so that the maintenance workers can decided themselves, whether safety measures must be implemented.

For the valuation you must define explicitly for each application whether it is necessary.

Features

- If the valuation is activated and the applications are defined, then every WCM-relevant order must be valuated, that is, you must specify during the processing of a WCM-relevant order whether or not it is necessary for each application.

- As soon as at least one application is valuated, the order is solely WCM relevant.

- During the valuation the system checks whether you are authorized to valuate the application. It also documents who performs the valuation at what time.

- You can change a valuation until "Release for execution [Seite 15]" (status EXEC u2013 Released for execution) is issued.

- As soon as you have valuated all the applications, the system sets the status VAL (Valuated) in the WCM-relevant order.

- The valuation is the basis of the u201CReleased for executionu201D, that is, the applications valuated with Yes are mandatory.

You can find following two example processes in SAP's online documentatin:

- Order Processing Without Valuation

- Order Processing with Valuation

[Further material you can find here ...|http://www.wcm-it.com]

Regards, Uwe

former_member546319
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe Kirchner

Thank you for the long & clear explination. I got the concept of Valuation clearly.

Just another doubt as part of the same question.

Are WCM permits just useful to Activate WCM in Orders and populate SFS & IFS permits in WC Objects or do they have any other importance.

Regards,

MLN Prasad