Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc serialization in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is Idoc to Idoc

SAP system (R/3)>XI> Legacy SAP

I need to do the serialization of IDoc i.e in what order the Idoc is sent from SAP system Xi should process the Idoc in same order(EOIO) for outbound scenario.

Can you please let me know the required steps i need to do in both SAP system and XI system to serialize the IDocs.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Anku

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think required any special settings in Outbound side,when you triggen an IDoc it receives in PI .

are you facing any problem??

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

REPEATED QUESTION,THIS TYPE OF THREAD ANSWERED MANY TIMES.

SEARCH IN SDN,IF YOU UNABLE TO FIND THE ANSWER LET ME KNOW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for the info

I have few doubts regarding same thats why i have posted the question.

For outbound scenario what kind of configuration i need to do in SAP side and XI side.

I have gone through many documnets however still not clear with the configuration.

Thanks

Anku

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can utilise this guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09b775e-e56e-2910-1187-d8eba09c7...

and i used queue processing to force all Idocs through a particular queue.

/people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information

I have already gone through these blogs

As per my understanding from these blogs

We need to go to we20 of SAP system and check on "Queue processing" box and define the rule for the same and writing the function module.

My doubt is in XI do we need to do any configuration to receive the IDoc in EOIO?

Please advice your valuable comments on this

Thanks

Anku

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the only thing i did in PI was to flag the idoc adapter for queue processing. it then created the queue name provided bu the sending system.

and then set up the CCMS to monitor that queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

To summarize the discussion :

For" Idoc to Idoc" outbound scenario we have to do the following steps for Serialization of Idoc

In SAP R/3

WE20 - Check the Queue processing box and define the rule

In XI

Check the "Queue porcessing" box in Receiver IDoc adapter

Please let me know whether my understanding is right and please add your thoughs on this

Thanks

Anku

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anku,

-->If you want to send the idocs from application system to PI in the EOIO, you need to check the queue processing and maintain the RULE name in outbound partner profiles.

--> If you want to send the idocs from PI to target in the EOIO in the receiver IDOC adapter you need to check the check box queue processing.

-->You no need to perform any pre-configuration steps if your system is based on WAS 6.40 and above.

-->The RULE which you defined at WE20 need to assign the function module and in the FM you need to maintain the QUEUE name.

For" Idoc to Idoc" outbound scenario we have to do the following steps for Serialization of Idoc

the above steps which you mentioned are perfect.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot pavan for the valuable inputs .

Once done i will let you know the result

Thanks

Anku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered