Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot update items via DTW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Using the DTW to update item fields return the next error:

"Cannot set accounts for this item; set the item level method in the 'Set G/L accounts By' field OITM.WholSlsTax application defined or object defined error 65171"

If I remove check box from sales item field, the item will be updated, but I cannot remove this checkbox from all items.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some more tests of the data in the item master data, I think I know what is the cause for it. I deliberate over what is the right solution for it.

In the original message I wrote that I got error message which says the accounts cannot be set.

When I have tried to fill in sales documents with the problematic items, there was no account in the field AcctCode despite that the item was managed by groups and the groups included the relevant settings.

Then I discovered that refreshing the data in the field "Set G/L Accounts By" caused the account to be shown in the AcctCode field. Later I looked at the data in the OITM table and found that the items I was refreshing included a capital C in the GLmethod items and the other items included lower case (these items were created originally in 2007).

I believe that changing the value in GLmethod field will solve the problem, but I can neither update the items using the DTW nor import from Excel .

How can I solve this problem ?

Thank you very much indeed.

Joseph,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

You haven't said which fields you are trying to update in your upload.

GL Method C corresponds to Item Group, which means you will not be able to update any GL accounts at item level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joseph,

Based on you question: If I remove check box from sales item field, the item will be updated, but I cannot remove this checkbox from all items. Have you tried to enter SalesItem value with tNO?

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to update items via dtw include the gl account field, but it did change nothing.

The same error occured again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there any transaction on those items you wish to update?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

u have to put the gl method in the inventory csv format ie u have to state would GL be matched with item level warehouse or item group

Hope that would suffice your problem

Regards,

manish