cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Profile Matchup TalentPlanning STVN2.1 .NET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are on TalentPlanning SP1 for STVN2.1 .NET.

When I perform the search in the profile matchup window in the SuccessionPlanning sub-component, I do not get a table of results. Instead I only get the number of found items and, if sth is found, three entries in the colours green, yellow and red.

The log file contains a lot of entries like the following:

"WARNING: convertStringToDate : No date is specified to convert."

"Profile Matching" is enabled in Application-wide settings in the administrator console.

The same search in the JAVA version works correctly, so this does not seem to be an issue related to SAP backend or TREX.

Has anyone faced a similar issue yet?

Kind regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

If you've tested this on the Java version on your system and it works then it is likely to be a configuration issue or a bug in the .NET version. Without deeply investigating your XML files I can't really pinpoint either, but I would raise an OSS message and report the problem to SAP (the code is XX-PART-NKS).

A couple of things to check are effective dating settings in SettingResources.xml and that your data element's are setup correctly.

I hope that helps.

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

wow - thanks for your fast answer!

Since I haven't changed the XML files yet, I am going to raise an OSS note, but before I'll do that, let's just make sure that the following configuratiions are ok:

I have checked file SettingsResources.XML concerning SAPEffectiveDate and it is set to false. Is this correct?

I also found the following error in the log file::

"WARNING: SAPUtility.getSAPSettings() : NOMSEffectiveDate is null or missing in SettingsResources.xml"

There is no entry for parameter NOMSEffectiveDate in SettingsResources.xml but for others starting with "NOMS".

Does there have to be one? Could this be related to the error?

Thanks for your help

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In SettingsResources.xml add an item for NOMSEffectiveDate and set the value as DateToday. That will fix those errors and may fix your problem. It's definitely worth a try!

Let me know how it goes.

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

you were right: the warnings concerning NOMSEffectiveDate are gone now.

The other warnings concerning the missing dates for string conversion are still there and the profile match search still doesn't work.

Maybe, there is yet another parameter missing somewhere.

I'll go for the OSS note, unless you have another hint(?).

Thanks a lot for your quick and helpful responses.

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I would only suggest checking your hierarchies, orgcharts and their data elements are setup correctly. It obviously isn't retrieving a date correctly and it may be that the BAPI it is using is not receiving the right information to return the data it needs. If it is using a SAP standard BAPI you could run that BAPI in SE37 to see what it returns. I'm not sure off the top of my head which BAPI this process uses.

I hope that helps.

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I checked back via RFC trace. The BAPI that is used for the profile matchup is /NAKISA/RHPK_POS_PROFILE_MATCH which itself calls function module HRTMC_GET_TALENT_ATTR to retrieve the details of the SAP qualifications for each TREX hit.

However, the retrieved entries are ok. The error seems to be somewhere on Nakisa-side.

I'll raise an OSS message for this issue, since I have only used the out-of-the-box installation yet and the same feature of the JAVA version works correctly on the same backend system.

I'll leave this thread open and will post the result.

Thanks again for your input!

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Did you get a response from SAP?

Kind regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I have given the problem to one of my Nakisa contacts during a live webinar support session a day after my post, but haven't got any answer yet, even though I asked back several times. Luckily, we also have a JAVA version where the profile matchup works fine.

Don't worry, the issue's not forgotten - I'll post the answer as soon as I get one.

Best wishes

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I reproduced the error on our internal systems (not intentionally!) and resolved it by deleting, creating and scheduling for index the TREX search connectors. To do this use the program ESH_ADM_INDEX_ALL_SC in SE38. Run the program, make sure all boxes are ticked, select the product EA-HRGXX and hit Execute. This will take about 5-10 minutes to run. To check the progress, run tcode ESH_COCKPIT and you can see the status of all the search connector objects.

I hope that helps!

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your answer.

Our TREX works correctly. As I said, we have a JAVA version of STVN2.1 which connects against the same backend as the .NET version. The profile matchup in the JAVA version works fine. I can also see the correct number of results in the .NET version but the result list is simply not displayed. Furthermore, I debugged the application on SAP-side and the result list which was delivered to Nakisa via FM in .NET was exactly the same as in JAVA.

I did a completely new indexing three weeks ago and unfortunately the error was still the same.

Thanks for your help! It is appreciated!!

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Sorry - I assumed you were getting no records. Do you get the colour bar for each result, but no checkboxes or names dispayed? This is the current issue I have with our internal system, which I am trying to resolve. I'll let you know if I get a breakthrough. I have also emailed one of the people I know in Nakisa Support so I will see what they say.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

sounds like quite the same error: In one of my testcases I see the number of results (19) but only three empty entries in the list (without name nor %match nor the "Assign successor" symbol) in the colors green, yellow and orange.

Thanks for letting me know that you have a similiar error.

Best wishes

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

So to clarify, you see 16 correct records and 3 "blank" records in the list of matches?

Thanks,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

no. I only see the three blank entries.

Maybe a screenshot helps: Link: [Error_Profile_Match|http://rapidshare.com/files/407993730/Error_Profile_Match.jpg]

Kind regards

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Kropp on Jul 20, 2010 3:59 PM

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I get you now. This is similar to mine, although I only get 2 matches - but my data is setup that way. I'll let you know how I get on and what Nakisa say.

Best regards,

Luke

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Have you tried using Titan_Templates_SRS\ProfileMatch_PotentialSuccessorsXSL.xsl from the Java version in the .NET version? That is the only thing I can see that might cause this.

Many thanks,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

I copied the file you mentioned from JAVA to .NET . Seems to be the right place to search, since now I only get a single empty, yellow coloured entry.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Daniel, that's very useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke and Daniel,

I am submitting this issue to support, I will update here if I find anything.

Thanks for your patience.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that you are reading data from a German or a foreign language SAP back end or application server, that doesnu2019t use u2018.u2019 as decimal point. To my understanding, some European countries uses u2018,u2019 commas as decimal point. Thatu2019s why the texts are not showing in the profile matchup. You will need to follow the instructions below:

1-Open Web.config in a text editor

2-Search for line that contains <Globalization u2026..

3-It should look like this

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />

4-Just add the culture and uiCulture into it.

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US" />

5-Save and reload application.

Thanks and good luck!!

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try tomorow, as I do not have system access today.

I'll keep you informed about the results.

Best wishes

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

That worked for me. I think it should work for Daniel too, but we'll see. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

it worked for me, too.

Thanks a lot for the solution!!

@Luke: thanks again for your steady support!

Kind regards

Daniel

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem - I'm glad it's all fixed. I have to say, I would never have worked it out on my own!

Answers (0)