cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Tool / Program to Change the Workflow Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know if there is any standard program to Change Status of the Workflow from IN PROCESS to ERROR. I know that there are Standard SAP tools using which we can restart the Workflows that are in ERROR Status. But for changing the Status of the Workflow from IN PROCESS to ERROR, I've not come across any tools / programs. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Venkata Phani Prasad K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Query resolved. Thanks.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you really use SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_STATUS to set the status to ERROR?

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

dharmenda_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May i am new to SCN network... but you are right SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_STATUS cannot be used for changing status to any invalid status ie from completed to in process or logically deleted to in process etc..

I have faced this issue big time and after lot of R&D i came across this FM SWW_WI_CALLBACK_CHANGE_S, it cannot be used to set the status to any status without any validation. I have been using it to reverse lot of workflow errors using it.

Regards

Dharmendra

TCS,India

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Cannot? Or can?

In what circumstance was it useful to use that FM to take a workitem out of error status?

dharmenda_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

sorry correction ..FM SWW_WI_CALLBACK_CHANGE_S can be used to correct the status without any check.

I came across this issue where a dialogue workitem was logically deleted in order to remove it from the user inbox. Later an incident was created that the work-item is still needed to perform the rest of the workflow action. The solution should have been to complete the work-item by executing the terminating event of work-item or complete the work-item manually(SWIA). But instead some one performed  logical deletion.

so in order to revive the workflow i needed to change the status form logically deleted to ready status. for this i found this FM which successfully changed the status form logically deleted to ready status. It though lost the agent assignment but i forwarded it manually to respective user.

Regards

Dharmendra

TCS India.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation. I would never do that myself, too dodgy and could have unintended effects.

dharmenda_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

even i believe that it could have unintended effect but i did this first in DEV box and check all know workflow txn to view and review the workitem and workflow status,before doing it in PROD. well as of now i haven't observed 2 things... workflow didn't get terminated at any other level and other any known txn is showing the log of workflow correctly.

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Basically you can set the workitem Status by using the Fm SAP_WAPI_SET_WORKITEM_STATUS

2. To restart a error workitem you can make use of the txn SWPR.

3. try to make use of teh txn SWIA where you can act a administrator on the workitem...