cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member formula over 2 dimensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create member formulas involving two dimensions: account and time.

As a first simple example, I want to take one case from sap note 0001356081:

Extsales compared to Extsales last year:

So, I created a new member "MyKPI" in the Account Dimension and define the following dimension formula for it (copy pasted from sap note):

(([ExtSales]/([ExtSales],PARALLELPERIOD([TIME].[LEVEL00],[TIME].[CURRENTMEMBER])) - 1) * 100

If I try to process the dimension, I am getting the follwing error message:

Members invalid on Dimension (Time.Currentmember)...

Looks like it doesn't like the Currentmember (this is needed to get the current member dynamically!).

Has anybody implemented sth similar and can help?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Try TIME.PREVMEMBER

I'm not very good with MDX sintax into NW. You can read the help and for sure you can find the right property to find the previous month.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I was checking your formula one more time and actually you are not closing one "(".

I added before "* 100 " this ")".

((ExtSales/(ExtSales,PARALLELPERIOD(TIME.LEVEL00,TIME.CURRENTMEMBER)) - 1)) * 100

try again and let me know the result.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, the bracket was already missing in the SAP note!

Can you tell me how to use the previous month instead of the previous year? I guess LEVEL00 has to be changed somehow...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add a property where you have to maintain the ID of previous months. Using that Property you can acces the previous months.

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

G.Vijaya Kumar

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Attention SAP BPC NW is case sensitiv.

So please make sure you have correct ExtSales member into your account dimension.

It can be that actually you ExtSales it is everything with capital letter (EXTSALES).

Like sintax formula seems to be fine but this in case if the members of dimensions exist and match the name

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this is not the reason: the names in the formula and the member names match.