cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0: Restrict adding item as service order or service request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working with SRM 7.0 and I have question regarding setting up the control for the requestor during ordering the shopping cart.

On the portal, when the requestor creates the shopping cart (using expert transaction and NOT using 3 step wizard), there is a button - "Add Item". When clicked, it shows various options e.g. add item as 'limit item' or as 'Internal Goods/Services' or as 'Service Orders' etc.

My question is how can we control these options for the requestor? Our requirement is not to display options for adding item as 'Service Orders' or 'Service Requests'

Is it possible using configuration standard available field control at item level ?

Your inputs will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

This might not be the desired method but i don't believe it can be achieved via any other way:

Go to SAP SRM GUI -> SE80 -> open webdynpro comp. / intf: /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_SC_DOTC_BD -> open view: V_SC_DOTC_BASIC -> navigate in right menu: ITEM_TABLE_TOOLBAR [ToolBar] -> ADD_ITEM -> SERVICE_ORDER / SERVICE_REQUEST -> de-activate 'visible' marker for object.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks a lot for your answer, of course it will be a solution for my issue.

I am going to assign you full points. My only related question on this would be -

As you are also aware that the suggested solution actually needs modification of standard webdynpro which I am not sure if the best idea. There seems to be 4 enhancement implementations available for this webdynpro component. Is it possible to use any of them to resolve this issue?

Best Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Patil on Apr 13, 2010 6:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

If you would want to enhance the UI you would need to take this in to a different direction. Enhance functionallity is new functionallity in SAP Business Suite 7 applications. I believe that in SRM 5.0 there wasn't something like that and you would adjust the object directly, without enhancing.

You would need to do the following (e.g. 'service order'):

CTRLf4: create new enhancement -> define/create your own Z* enhancement (i don't know whether you could use the standard enhancements) -> open the created Z* enhancement via CTRLf4 -> navigate to 'Service Order' -> right click object 'delete selection' (this won't delete the 'selection' it will only mark it (notice the red cross) -> save/activate

This would be the method to remove the 'Service Order' action, in my system it is removed but it's still shown as a blank entry. Could you tell me if it is the same for you? we should raise a customer message for this!

In addition enhancing, thus not deleting/not showing, the webdynpro would require adding a new entry and giving this entry the same settings as the previously marked as deleted entry. I've tried this aswell but this won't help you meet your requirements either, settings done on this additional entry will only effect the additional entry (not the blank, removed one)

Note: Contact your developer, this is developer stuff!

I hope this is of any use.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is no need to implement WDC enhancement for restrict ToolBarButtonChoice, because you can do it by implement BADI BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI, simply add below two lines to disable Service Order and Service Request:

is_scr_itmchoice-temp_lab = ' '.

is_scr_itmchoice-temp_lab_req = ' '.

Answers (0)