Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!

I have following sections in my report

Page Header a

Page Header b

Detail

Page Footer

I am using Page header b to put a image as watermark in my report . I have checked underlay following section option for the Page Header Section b.

Everything is fine yet.

I am also printing lines in my detail section to give the impression of grid. When the report prints/shown in viewer the data comes over the image but the lines are hidden by the picture. How can I show lines on the image as the data to show it as a true watermark.

I am using Visual Studio 2005 and ASP.NET.

Thanks!

M.MaShaAllah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Had the same problem. But from my research, it is actually a limitation of Crystal. It can't underlay on lines and boxes.

Kind Regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you right-click on your watermark, you should have an option to move behind. This will move the picture underneath the other objects.

This should help do what you want.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry! I can not find any "Move behind" property. Could you please specify the version etc.

Thanks!

M.MaShaAllah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click the water mark, select Move -> To Back option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I have following menu options when i right click on the image

OLE Object

Format Graphics

Format Painter

Size and Position

Add to Repository

Cut

Convert Picture Object

Copy

Delete

There is no such option.

If I am missing some service pack or piece of software please let me know.

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 along with Visual .NET Studio 2005.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

M.MaShaAllah

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I figured out what's happening. If the OLE object is in a section with no other objects, the Move option is not available. When I dropped in an empty text object, I got the Move option.

Try this, put the text object on top of the OLE, this should have it set as Behind automatically. Now try viewing your watermark.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks You very much. But the problem remains the same even after moving the image to back.

Actually we are having following report sections

Report Header

Page Header a Contains Column Headings

Page Header b Contains Image as water mark [Underlay following section]

Details Section [Contains data and lines]

When report is executed the data comes on the water mark and is visible but the lines are behind the picture;watermark. Data and lines behave in different way.

The problem remains same. Any solution or workaround would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

M.MaShaAllah