Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

REM Backflush scrap

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the backflush scrap. How can I prevent the system from generating a planned order again (created for the scrap qty), even if I had already fully backflushed the order? I tried using the underdelivery tolerance, but it is not working.

Edited by: Bear on Apr 15, 2010 5:44 AM

Former Member replied

Bear,

Only in limited MakeToOrder scenarios. MRP will always try to meet the full requirement in an MakeToStock environment.

Underdelivery tolerance in MTS in a supply element (such as a planned order) only defines whether or not a particular order is to be considered to be 'complete'. It has no impact on the Net Requirements calculation of MRP.

Think of it this way. Assume that your requirement is for a Sales order. Your customer has ordered, and you have confirmed to him, 100 pc. Now you attempt to build 100, using a planned order. You only get 90, with 10 scrap. The customer still needs 100, right? If you didn't build it with your first planned order, then you must create another one to build the remaining 10.

What you may be thinking of is underdelivery of the REQUIREMENT in a MTO environment in the Mill Products solution. Here, if you allow underdelivery, and you make the appropriate entry in the Sales order, SAP will allow you to underdeliver the Sales Order, and consider the Sales order to be complete. In this case, MRP can be configured to not create an additional MTO planned order to meet the Sales order requirement. This functionality is irrelevant in MTS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/7c/ea814140ce11d385c70000e8200b4c/frameset.htm

Rgds,

DB49

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question