Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REM Backflush scrap

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the backflush scrap. How can I prevent the system from generating a planned order again (created for the scrap qty), even if I had already fully backflushed the order? I tried using the underdelivery tolerance, but it is not working.

Edited by: Bear on Apr 15, 2010 5:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bear,

Are you talking about a new planned order for the planned order material, or for the component material(s)?

If you declare scrap upon receipt of the parent item, this reduces the amount that MRP will expect you will place into stock. If this predicted amount is not enough to meet the requirements for the parent item, it will create a new planned order. Backflushing (goods issue of the components) has no impact on the MRP of the parent part.

Rgds,

DB49

bear_boy
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear DB49,

Im talking about the new planned order for the parent material (FG). For a requirement of 100pcs, with 10% underdelivery maintained in the material master, shouldn't the system allow scrap up to 10pcs and not create an order of 10?

>

> Bear,

> Are you talking about a new planned order for the planned order material, or for the component material(s)?

>

> If you declare scrap upon receipt of the parent item, this reduces the amount that MRP will expect you will place into stock. If this predicted amount is not enough to meet the requirements for the parent item, it will create a new planned order. Backflushing (goods issue of the components) has no impact on the MRP of the parent part.

>

> Rgds,

> DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bear,

Only in limited MakeToOrder scenarios. MRP will always try to meet the full requirement in an MakeToStock environment.

Underdelivery tolerance in MTS in a supply element (such as a planned order) only defines whether or not a particular order is to be considered to be 'complete'. It has no impact on the Net Requirements calculation of MRP.

Think of it this way. Assume that your requirement is for a Sales order. Your customer has ordered, and you have confirmed to him, 100 pc. Now you attempt to build 100, using a planned order. You only get 90, with 10 scrap. The customer still needs 100, right? If you didn't build it with your first planned order, then you must create another one to build the remaining 10.

What you may be thinking of is underdelivery of the REQUIREMENT in a MTO environment in the Mill Products solution. Here, if you allow underdelivery, and you make the appropriate entry in the Sales order, SAP will allow you to underdeliver the Sales Order, and consider the Sales order to be complete. In this case, MRP can be configured to not create an additional MTO planned order to meet the Sales order requirement. This functionality is irrelevant in MTS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/7c/ea814140ce11d385c70000e8200b4c/frameset.htm

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (0)