cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management of Global Employees (MGE) query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are implementing MGE (Management of Global Employees) functionality for Personnel Administration for a global company. I have activated all Global Employment (GE) switches in table T77S0 after consultation with SAP. We don't plan to implement Global Payroll, but only the concept of Person ID which will be unique even the employee is transferred from one country to other. I have set up Generation and Selection Rule for Person ID. I would like to know if Person Id can be used for Master Data maintenance and can it be used in Reports as a primary query criteria (instead of PERNR). Also want to know how to set up Personnel Actions related to country transfer within MGE.

I would like to know experiences from the real-time implementations. Anyone worked on Global Employment and Person ID implementation?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Yes, with MGE, SAP uses logical database PNPCE which makes it possible to use person ID for standard as well as custom reporting. The standard queries also get converted to use LDB PNPCE.

2. Master data maintenance is possible using either personnel number or person ID.

3. Person ID is a 20 character field while personnel number continues to be of 8 characters.

3. For actions, please go through:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/38/b9c63c27b83479e10000000a114084/content.htm

You probably need to go through the entire documentation on MGE on SAP help. It has everything you need to know about MGE.

Source: help.sap.com

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Donnie,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have gone through the entire documentation on MGE on SAP Help. It is helpful. The main idea behind using MGE for us is usage of Person ID (as business users wish to have unique employee id which is not possible through country reassignment action). I still have the following queries.

1. How to do use PNPCE logical database for Std and custom reports? Do we need to activate LDB PNPCE?

2. The use of Person Id for master data maintenance (instead of PERNR), would it be a problem for other HR modules implementation in future e.g. Benefits.

3. Instead of using std. SAP MGE actions- 81, 82, 83, can I create custom personnel actions and custom infogroups (with std HR infotypes). The std MGE actions look complicated for the business users.

4. Is it ok if I don't use the Infotypes related to MGE e.g. IT 706, 707, 710, 715 (except IT709 which gets created by the system) since we want to use the basic level of MGE and not implementing global payroll.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How to do use PNPCE logical database for Std and custom reports? Do we need to activate LDB PNPCE?

If you have activated MGE, PNPCE gets activated with it. For custom reports, the developers need to include the LDB in their code. But it should be available in all standard reports and queries. Although, you will have to be careful if you are converting any custom reports as the u201Cget pernr/perasu201D statements differ. Iu2019m not technical but I saw some interesting threads on that topic here. You might want to check those.

2. The use of Person Id for master data maintenance (instead of PERNR), would it be a problem for other HR modules implementation in future e.g. Benefits.

I think for other modules, you should stick to personnel number.

3. Instead of using std. SAP MGE actions- 81, 82, 83, can I create custom personnel actions and custom infogroups (with std HR infotypes). The std MGE actions look complicated for the business users.

Yes, this is possible. You need to modify feature ACTCE accordingly for the following logical keys:

EXPATPLANNING=81

EXPATACTHOST=82

EXPATACTHOME=83

EXPATCHANGE=84

The logical keys come predefined. Simply equate them to the custom action types. You can read the documentation for this feature for more information.

4. Is it ok if I don't use the Infotypes related to MGE e.g. IT 706, 707, 710, 715 (except IT709 which gets created by the system) since we want to use the basic level of MGE and not implementing global payroll.

I believe you need IT0710 and IT0715 to track assignment details and statuses if it is in line with the client business process. You can ignore IT0706 and IT0707 as you are not implementing the payroll piece of MGE.

Hope this helps.

Donnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another query. In the Org Structure, can I create S-P relationship between Position-Person ID? or It has to be Position-Pernr.

Thanks.

Edited by: saphrfun on Apr 15, 2010 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any expert replies please..