cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the MRP run. For a particular material, the strategy group is not maintained in the material master. The MRP type has been maintained as PD. There are some future customer orders. If I run the MRP, whether the Planned Orders get generated on those dates today itself. Here in my case, there is no strategy group defined in the material master. The planned orders are not getting generated for the future requirements. Please advice.

Regards,

Guru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

If I understand your question correctly, you have Sales orders in future and teh system is not considering those during MRP run, please follow the below points.

a) Run MRP with Processing Key : NETCH

b) If you are running MRP using NETPL then you need to check the Planning Horizon ( How many days have you maintained?), if you have configured the planning horizon as 60days then the system during MRP run will consider the planning file entries that are within the Planning Horizon (60days from today)

I believe that this issue is because the Requirement lies out of the planning Horizon, try running MRP with NETCH processing key or if you have any performance issue using that then try running wtih NETPL and change the planning horizon configuration accordingly.

Hope the above helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have checked the planning horizon. It is maintained as 90 days for the specific plant. All the requirements/ customer orders are for the month of May only. So this could not be the issue with the Planningg Horizon.

Whereas the Planned Orders are getting generated properly for another material in the same plant. The material master of two materials are almost same.

Kindly advice,

Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, the issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was mssing. please elaborate so other forum member can undersatnd,.

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Let us know how did you solve the problem if we have missed out something in this issue .Appreciate your response if it can be shared with forum members .

Regards

JH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge You are using PD then strategy should be define in material master.

Strategy represent procedure used for planning material. & is control by MRP type.

Use strategy & check.

Regards

SANIL

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ,

It depends on the following set up

1. Planning Horizon you have kept for MRP run in Customisation -Carry On over all plant parametrs -OPPQ

2.Planning Horizon -Carry All Over al Maintaince of MRP Group -Planning Interval-PH

Let say , you have kept PH 100 DAYS any of this two set up and you have relevent MRP paranetrs for material .Today you are running MRP with following set up ( NETCH , 2,1,3,3,1) in MD01.You have following sale order delivery date :

SO 1: 12.04.2010,

so 2: 13.05.2010 ,

so 3: 19.08.2010 .

What will happen is that MRP will consider current date till 100 PH days .Now what ever Open Denmand , Current demand (Sales Order , Indepenedt Order ) and On hand stock , reciept are there , MRP will consider them do do the Net Requirement Calcualtion and create PR,Plnned order depending the Net Required Qty + or -.

Look up in planning Hosron and decide accordingly .You can remove the Planning Horizon and chek the same I hope it will pna the future requirement .

Regards

JH

Edited by: Jiaul Haque on Apr 13, 2010 8:56 AM

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

If no strategy group is maintained in MRP views for the material and it is maintained relevant to planning i.e. PD then system will behave like of strategy group 10 (Net requirement planning) for that material.

Check and revert

Regards

Anupam Sharma