cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP v5.3 SP11: Unlock User Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

My client has decided to not go with Password Self Service within CUP v5.3 SP11, as they will be implementing SSO in the next coming months. So, for the interim, they would like users to be able to log an Unlock Account request within CUP, which will then be routed directly to the IT team. I have configured the workflow, but when I try to test this, I am experiencing a problem.

When I select the u201CUnlock Accountu201D option, it wants to authenticate my SAP User ID and Password to make the request. Obviously, this will not work because the user making the request has forgotten their password. How do I configure so that they only have to enter their user ID (and not their password)? I donu2019t see a way to turn this off just for the one workflow. Iu2019ve looked at the Authentication section of the CUP Configuration, but that applies to all requests.

I am sorry u2026 I am sure that this is something very simple. I would greatly appreciate any advice! : )

Thank you!

Johonna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johonna,

You can not change the authentication system or scheme for just one request/workflow type. Also, if you use SAP as authentication system then I don't think you can easily use unlock account. Using LDAP as authentication system would be your best bet.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

Thank you so much for this confirmation. I thought that maybe I was missing something!

Have a great day! : )

Johonna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the following authentication systems below, you do have the ability to uncheck End User Verification Required. When unchecked, it allows the requestor to log on without a password, if that requestor#s user ID is defined in the LDAP.

• Multiple LDAP

• JDE

• SAPEP

• LDAP

• SAPHR

• PEOPLESOFT

• ORAAPS

For the two authentication systems below, you do not have the ability to uncheck "End User Verification Required". This means that a user will always be required to enter the ID and password from these authentication systems to access any area within Compliant User Provisioning.

• SAP

• SAP UME

So you can choose any of the above 7 authentication systems and uncheck End User Verification Required.

Because there is a major change in the way the Unlock and Password self service work from SP09 (AC5.3) onwards.

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you very much for your help! : )

Johonna