Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for local objects in a transportable request?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a transportable piece of code, in a transport request. I need to find out if there are any local objects that have been used in the code.

What I am planning is to use SCI(Code Inspector) to check for local objects in the class. Please guide if this is correct and if so, how exactly to configure SCI to do this?

Rgds,

Abhijit

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

goto SE80->Local objects.here you will get your sap id and under it you will get the list of local object you have created, you can do the consistency checks in se0>request task-> complete check and do all the three checks.

hope this helps,

thanks,

tanmaya

0 Kudos

Hi Tanmaya,

Thanks for your reply, but it does not answer the question I was asking.

My query is - how to detect local objects lying hidden inside a transportable piece of code.

So maybe, I have declared

DATA: l_data TYPE local_object.

Obviously once code is transported, this will dump. So the question is how to detect this?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Presence of a TMP object doesnt necessarily mean that your code wont work in the destination environment. There a number of DDIC objects created by SAP which belongs to TMP package but is present in all environments in a landscape.

Hence there is no program to check for TMP objects within a code. The only way is to transport it and see if any objects have been missed out. After you transport, try checking the program for errors in the destination system, that will give you the first instance of such missing objects. I would suggest it move it from dev box to test box for the same.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

SAP standard might have $TMP objects because they will be consistent across systems. Problem is for custom DDIC types only.

Ok, as I was investigating this, I across the following option in SCI settings:

Choose any standard variant and naviagte: Robust Programming->Package check for DDIC objects

Is the above the correct option for my requirement? Please guide

Thnx for the replies folks,

Abhi

0 Kudos

Hi abhijeet ,

yes u can try that option as well.i may help.also u can search in sdn and google according to your requirement.u may get similar posts like your issue

thanks

tanmaya