I wanted to share scenario .

I have 1 plant -

Production plant

I have 4 resorces--a1,a2,a3,a4

in a1 resources-i have 3 material

in a2 resources-i have 2 material

in a3 resource- i have semifinished products

in a4 resources -i have raw material

For A1, & A2 i need to have same semifinished products and same raw materials.

When i am trying to connect from a4 -a3 , a3-a2, a3-a1 but i am not able to do that as i ahve only 1 location for it.

My question is how i need to connect this network for PPDS planning run.

in a4 -raw material and at a3 it will come that and convert into semifinised product , semifinished product is consumed at a2 and a1 and out put will be finished products.

Please let me know is it mandatory to connect the process and prepare PPM and run my finite planning run?

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need not create transportation lane within a location. They are required only for cross location planning. Without them, if you create PPMs they should be able to pick up the downstream products once they are available i.e, they can link to the other planned orders or production orders.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Mani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As this is a scenario for Inhouse production consuming the BOM components, you need to create PPMs. Create a PPM with the header products for each resource i.e for 3 products at A1 and 2 products at A2, semifinished products at A3 etc. Run the low level code job prior to planning run and then in the heuristics run Planned orders would be generated on header products and dependent demand on component products on each resource. you can later on also use detailed scheduling for scheduling of orders within the day.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Gaurav