cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstab on main report with subreports data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to design a crosstab that is designed with data passed through subreports via formulas with shared variables.

The crosstab designer does not report any error but at runtime no data is displayed. All columns evaluate to $0.00.

I have placed the subreport in the Report Footer so that all subreports' data is available. I am certain that all subreport calculate correctly as the shared variables data is correctly displayed in the section where the crosstab is located yet the subreport only displays $0.00.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Lucio Gayosso

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A cross tab is generated based on the (selected) data records coming back from the data source of the main or sub report that the cross tab is in. You will have to make sure the main report has records read such that the cross tab will be generated.

However, I really wonder if you need a cross tab at all. Cross tabs are really only useful when you don't really know the number of columns that the report will have. For example, a report showing sales by salesperson and state. For a given date range, you might not have sales for every combination, and not want to show a column (or row) of all zeros. A cross tab would be a perfect fit.

However, since you are using variables to pass data from the subreports to the main report, I would think you know the number of columns needed (and rows, for that matter), unless the variables are arrays.

If you really don't know the amount of data to be shown, I would re-write the report to pull the data from the database (using an SQL Command if necessary) to base the cross tab off of.

HTH,

Carl

Answers (0)