cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subreport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created s report with a total of 9 subreports. I would like to filter the subreports based on a variable in the main report . The problem is that I would like to filter if it meet certain criteria (it contains "methylati") Also reports that doesn't contain information I would like to remove it.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the filtering part, add parameter(s) to the subreport, then use the Change Subreport Links (right-click on the subreport in the main report) to pass the field from the main report to the subreports. Use record selection in the subreports based on the new parameter(s).

For not showing a blank subreport, right click on the subreport, click Format Subreport, Subreport tab, Suppress Blank Subreport checkbox.

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to create the filtering in the main report and not in the subreport??. Since I will use this supreports for other items.

ex in the report 1 I will be filtering the subreports to 1

in the report 2 I will be filtering the subreports to 2

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what the parameters to the subreports are for... Pass in the value to be used in the filter.

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

The information indicated previously was working, the only problem is that I have 2 queries. These queries are located in the main report and in each individual subreport. Apparently when I do the link I lost the filter created in the subreport.

thanks

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

(dup; sorry; forum issue)

Edited by: Carl Sopchak on Apr 13, 2010 9:51 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

(dup; sorry; forum issue)

Edited by: Carl Sopchak on Apr 13, 2010 9:51 AM

Former Member