cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading of catalog never end (CCM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Yesterday there was an update to our master catalog schema so I used upload. However, it is still showing in process status until now. I checked table /CCM/D_UPD_STATE and can see this catalog has two entries, one was for yesterday's upload, with status 03 (still running), and I don't think I'm able to upload the schema again.

Can someone help me with below questions?

1. How can I change this 'still running' status, and which status should I change it to?

2. After the status in this table is changed, will it be fine for me to upload the schema again?

3. Besides status in this table, is there anywhere else I need to check/change, and how?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Elly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elly ,

Yes , you should change the status to 02 or 05 . You can do it in debugging mode .

Then only you can upload the schema again .

This change would help you to upload the schema .

Regards

Sivakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sivakumar,

Thanks for your reply and advise.

I also found a program to clear the 03 status.

However, there is a new issue now.

When my master catalog is running for uploading schema, a catalog manager did a mapping from a supplier catalog to master catalog. Since the master catalog is running and locked, the mapping process would start and soon have a yellow light status and say master catalog is locked, will try later. And then after some time, mapping will start again and then have yellow light status again. This is repeating time to time and is still continue. In this case, how can I stop the trial to map from supplier catalog to master catalog?

Many thanks if somebody can help me.

Best Regards,

Elly

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

If there is a concurrent mapping job active which is problematic, you can probably manually stop this from SM37, there should be a scheduled or active MAPPING_JOB which can be cancelled.

See if this is possible.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already canceled the mapping jobs with SM37 so no any new mapping jobs now.

However, the master catalog is still in 'locked' status. When I highlight it and click 'edit', it always tell me it's 'is locked because it is currently being updated'. I wonder whether it's because I just used program /CCM/CLEANUP_UPDATE_STATUS to clear the 03 status update record...

So what I further checked is:

> In table /CCM/D_CTLG_REQ, I can see two entries/versions for this master catalog, both versions has 'FILE UPLOAD' in the 'Sender' field, both has same 'Changed on' time. Does that mean actually the schema upload is still running somewhere?

> In table /CCM/D_CTLG, I also can see two entries/versions for this master catalog, the old version was valid from the time when I updated schema last time, and the new version shows to be valid from the time when I tried to upload new schema last week.

> I don't know what I can do now. I wondered whether I should delete the new version of the master catalog by program /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG, but I really dare to do anything now.

Would you please advise what else I should do to release my master catalog so that I can upload the new schema again?

Many thanks!

Elly

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elly,

The catalog needs to be unlocked with report /CCM/CLEANUP_CATALOG

So -

Unlock both version (select unlock, inactive version)

Then delete new version (choose delete SPECIFIC VERSION and define the new version number which can be found in the ctlg_req table)

You should only have one version left which should also be unlocked, you can then proceed with a new upload/mapping job if required.

Regards,

jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for your help. I was able to release the master catalog.

Thanks and Regards,

Elly

Answers (0)