cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating a connector in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating a connector for CUP. I have found out that the connectors in CUP should have the same name as the ones in RAR/SPM is that alwasy supposed to be so?

I have created a connector manually in CUP and its name is now different from the ones being used in RAR/SPM. Now when i try to create a new connector in CUP it doesn't create it! Even though it tests successfully. When I test the ID the create button changes to a SAVE button.

I cant even delete the old connector but looking through some previous threads I understand its not that simple. We need to ask SAP for a script to do that and I read in the forum that its not provided by SAP anymore.

If I create a new Connector without testing it, It gives me a message that "Message Code 9866 not found. Original message values: {}" But it still creates the connector. Is there some thing that I have missed here? Can I create the connector again so that their names are in sync?

Thanks!

CP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chinmaya,

The connector names in all the GRC AC modules have to be same for the integration to work properly.

CUP will not allow you to create connector for the same system as you already have connector for it. You should delete the old connector and recreate the connector.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Many Thanks for your response.Thats what I actually tried to do. When I try to delete the old connector it says "Cannot delete because this is referenced by role".

I am not sure how to go ahead here..

Thanks!

Chinmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to remove all the referenced to this connector from CUP. Lots of configuration settings are tied to connector. As per this message, you need to delete all the roles which you imported for this connector.

If you have already created requests for this connector then make sure to close these requests and archive them so you can delete the connector.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. Now the error message makes sense. I have managed to delete the connector. But than again when I try to create a new connector I am able to test it, but when I try to create a new connector again the create button goes missing after I test the connection?(I can create it without testing though) Is this behavior normal? Because the connector doesn't get created even after that. Does the Java Stack on which it is residing needs a restart normally when we make changes to the connector?

Regards,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a normal behavior. Bounce the server and try to create the connector. Also, test the connector after the creation.

Alpesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chinmaya,

Simple Solution of this problem.

Don't test it first. First save it and then test. It will work. I had the same problem and it lost my 2 days almost to understand this simple thing :-).

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny/Alpesh,

Thanks for that info. But if I create it directly I do get a message " Message Code 9866 not found. Original message values: {}"

Although I can test it and save it after that but I am not sure this would solve the problem. I am afraid if I am getting a message now, It will have a surprise for me at a later stage.... So I just want to be sure before I actually start using it!

Thanks!

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please load all the initial data xml files into CUP so you can actually understand what this message says.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

I had initially created a connector based on the delivered JCos. However because the name is too long, I went into WebDynpro tools/content administrator and created a JCo based on the Virsa connector, but gave it a name that was shorter (ECS150).

When I go back into RAR (I've already bounced the Java stack), and try to create a new connector, I don't see the new JCo in the list, I only see the original one.

How do I get my newly created connector to become available in RAR?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

You can not create your own JCo destinations. You must use pre-delivered JCo destinations which start with VirsaXSR3.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

How do you address the issue that the name of the predelivered connectors are too long? Since all the pieces of the GRC suite need to have the same connector name, and there is a length issue with the name, what's the best way to address that?

Currently, I have the Virsa delivered connector working for RAR. However I recall that this name is not going to work out with CUP -> RAR integration. How do you address this?

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never use SLD connector in CUP or use SAPJCO in RAR so you don't have to worry @ JCo destinations in RAR or CUP.

JCo destinations are recommended for RAR but not for CUP.

Please open a separate forum questions for this, if this does not resolve your issue.

Regards,

Alpesh