cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Cross tab in CR 2008 V1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having a couple of issues with cross tab table in Crystal Reports (v 12.2.3.467)

1. Exporting to Excel messes up the columns. I am fitting cloumns in the cross tab along with headers and footers with "size and position" option such that 1 column should fir in 1 column in excel. But when I export the report to excel, some cells get merged and the positioning goes off. This works with regular tables in CR, but cross tab is giving problems.

2. All Key figures in the rows part are converted to text when exported to excel. Only summarized fields are exported as numbers. Is there a setting to get numbers from rows as numbers in excel?

Thanks,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Don't use position and size: Each crosstab cell should be dropped into one Excel cell.

2. Does Crystal know that the cell is a number? When you right-click on the cell, then select Format Field, is there a Number tab? If not, Crystal thinks the value is not a number...

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carl,

1. Each crosstab cell is not dropped into a column in excel. Some of the columns have merged cells in excel. I tried createing a new cross tab report and got the same results.

2. The number tab does show up. But when exported to excel, the cell values are converted to text.

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

2. I'm not sure what to do here...

1. Is the cross tab the only thing in the report? What formatting options do you specify when exporting to Excel? Have you tried Excel Data Only format?

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the cross tab is the only table in the report. I use default export option for excel. I tried data only as well, same result - both converting number to text and misalignment of column headers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried exporting one of my crosstab-only reports to Excel data only, and the column headers lined up fine. Make sure the Export Object Formatting is NOT selected. (But I don't use position and size...) If that doesn't do it for you, try playing with the various options of the export (data only and "full" excel) to see if you can get around your issue.

HTH,

Carl

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get a crosstab to come through somewhat gracefully in Excel it's important to use the "Excel (data only) option and then uncheck the "Simplify page headers" and check the "Export object formatting" option. It doesn't look great but at least everything is in the right colummns. Then you could just do a macro in Excel to clean it up and make it look pretty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Terri. This is as close to what he users want.

The only thing is conversion of row numbers to text.

Answers (0)