cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index out of range when trying to create a new Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create an Application (Such as Consolidation,Ownership,Rate ) getting an Error Message 'Index as out of range. Must be non negative & less than the size of the collection. Parameter name : index'.

But i could able to create generic application with no issue.

Any leads would be appreciated .

Best Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick - why would you say that this is an installation issue? Please clarify.

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually, when you have a problem on a particular application set, you have to test in ApShell if the same problem occurs.

Meaning that ApShell is the standard application set delivered with the product, and if you didn't change anything in it, everything should work properly there if you have a clean installation. If you have migrated from a previous version, you should first resave all your applications once before copying them. Of course, if the source applications is having a problem, you'll face an error when creating the new one.

Thus, on a clean installation, if this dimension processing problem also occurs in ApShell, the problem could come from a setting, which is not correctly set somewhere (in server manager options, or in IE options, etc...) That's why a client diagnostic can maybe help in that case to find the problem. You can also try to access the Management Console to find an error message linked to this problem.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Patrick

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check if an application has 'Journal' in use in your application set.

If so, it might be the cause of the issue.

This was reported some time ago. You can get rid of that by performing those steps. Before that, be sure to have a copy of all those below tables before doing any change (in order to be sure not to loose anything):

1. In tblapp, anything that has a '1' for Journal has to be changed to '0'

2. Deletion of all tables beginning with JRN.

3. Then, try to recreate your application, add needed dimension and do not forget to check both options (Re-assign SQL index and Process application).

Hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My Applications Doesn't have Journal Switched ON.Is there any other Reason for this problem ?

Regards

raM

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you encounter this problem also in ApShell application set?

Best Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..

Regards

Ram

PatrickFavre
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have the same problem in ApShell Application Set, I would say this is an installation problem.

Check the server diagnostic via Server Manager for any potential problems first.

Then, tell us on which step the error message is coming up when creating your new application.

Best Regards,

Patrick