cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display marital status in Personal Data iView in ESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to display 'marital status' on the Personal Data iView. For that, in ECC6.0 I activated business function HCM_ESS_CI_1 (part of the EnhP3). Did the configuration in IMG.

but the marital status shows up in Personal Data iView as numbers , not text (for instance Marital Status=6).

after checking in table T502T, marital status of 6 has text "Common Law".

how can we display the text ("Common Law") in ESS instead of numbers?

Tiberiu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tiberiu,

configure the additional enhancement fields in the iView as type dropdown by key - rather than input field.

This should bring through the texts for you.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

how can I configure that?

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

preview the ESS pers data iview in the portal (using content management).

Ctrl-right click on the screen.

This gives you the administrator personalisation access.

you may need to navigate up and down the tree, but at one point you should see that you can select "enhancement fields".

Click in here, you should be able to configure what type of UI Element your enhancement fields are using.

If you get stuck have a search for ESS personalization of iViews - there should be something out there...

[Chris Solomon's blog - Hacking the new Portal iView Personalization Feature|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7152] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; is a reasonable place to go for a bit of info - and I'm sure that there are other blogs etc out there on doing exactly what you want to to.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Chris,

I cannot find the "Enhacement Fields". please help?

T.